Recent content by Alex P

1. A

Rotel DT-6000 Review & Measurements (CD Player / DAC)

Greetings, gentlemen! So, software update for DT-6000 version 1.05 has been released. Yesterday I installed it and checked for the presence of high-frequency noise, which I wrote about earlier. The noise remained. The guys from Rotel did not fix the problem. The new version of the software...
  2. A

Ok. After updating the DT-6000 software to version 1.04 in CD mode, the noise that I described earlier is not heard?
  3. A

I had a similar case. The problem was that the USB cable was not securely connected to the computer's USB port. Poor contact. In fact, a reliable USB connection and good cable shielding are very important when connecting the DT-6000 via PC-USB. The point here is to reduce the jitter level with...
  4. A

Yes, the optical connection allows galvanic isolation of the transport (РС) and the DAC. This is an undoubted advantage of such a connection.
  5. A

I just returned the software version to 1.03 and that's it. There is no noise in this version. Sounds great. Let's wait for an updated version of the software from Rotel.
  6. A

Very, very loud. I don't listen at this volume... it's dangerous for my health :) I heard this noise quite by accident when I turned the volume knob more than necessary. When CD playback has been stopped.
  7. A

I recorded the noise on my phone in .aac format. I put it in a zip archive. So you can listen to this.
  8. A

The whole history of this noise in software version 1.04 is very strange. There is no noise when using an optical or coaxial connection. The noise is only present in CD standby mode. Yes, I use RCA cables to connect the DT-6000 to the amplifier.
  9. A

Sorry. I checked it now. No, the DT-6000 does not display bitrate when using a coaxial or optical connection.
  10. A

I cannot indicate at what volume level (dB) the noise is heard, since there is no special equipment. But when the volume knob on the amplifier is in this position (see photo), the noise is clearly audible even at a distance of 2...2.5 meters from the acoustics. If it matters, the DT-6000 is...
  11. A

I tried everything, including resetting to factory settings. There was noise. Anyway.
  12. A

No, the crackling or clicking noise is only heard when the DT-6000 is in CD mode with the tray closed. And CD playback is not enabled. There is no clicking sound when playing a CD. When operating the DT-6000 in "DIGITAL" or "PC-USB" modes, there are no clicks.
  13. A

Try updating the software to version 1.04. After all, you can always go back to 1.03... if you have a file with this software version.
  14. A

Yes, I wrote to Rotel technical support. There is still no answer.
  15. A

I tried using both optical and coaxial connections when connecting the Pioneer N-50K network player to the DT-6000. I didn't like the sound. Especially when connected via an optical connection. I then tried using an old laptop to transfer audio data to the DT-6000 via USB-PC. This turned out to...
Top Bottom