Recent content by BlackTalon

1. BlackTalon

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

dang, why didn't I check this thread yesterday? I've needed to replace my malfunctioning Dell soundbar for 6 months.
  2. BlackTalon

Let's talk about food!

I feel like those 'chips' have a bit too much color and too little deep frying...
  3. BlackTalon

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

Sound preference is not the same thing as transparency. Also, I suspect more than one of the reviewers have optimized their systems (and rooms) to make up for shortcomings in analog sources, and when playing back something with no roll offs between 20 and 20kHz they now hear what may be...
  4. BlackTalon

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Congratulations. What a surprise investment in one's kid's eventual retirement! If you ever choose to part with it, it should fetch $$$ at an auction. But while it does not seem to be a thing here on ASR.. Dibs! :D
  5. BlackTalon

Sorry -- I was highlighting you accidentally wrote DeVile instead of Deville.
  6. BlackTalon

Wow, you really don't like that Seamaster, do you? :D Love the Speedmaster. I coveted that one when I first started getting into Omegas. But at the time I could never see myself spending that much on a watch -- it was almost as much as a DAC from one of the 'reputable' hi-end manufacturers...
  7. BlackTalon

Video Camera Glasses

The first couple minutes of that video made me seasick -- and I was watching on a computer monitor. And the picture seemed hyper-real, like soap operas back in the 1970s. I'll refrain from commenting on the driver's techniques/ skills.
  8. BlackTalon

Acoustic properties of glass

Glass block is a thing. Was used a lot for skylights in the 1930s/ 40s. It's been used in walls a lot over the years. Here is one manufacturer: https://sevesglassblockinc.com/ STC 38 up to 59.
  9. BlackTalon

Where can I find list of most cost effective cars - $ per 100km

Nothing helps you feel more connected to the road than rusted out floorboards. And as an added benefit, it can be like driving in a convertible even though it has a hard top :D This is a timely post, as I had dinner with a long-time friend the other night and he was reliving stories of our 5+...
  10. BlackTalon

Electroculture!

The planter boxes can double as the 'dirt-filled grounding boxes' in you hi-fi :cool:
  11. BlackTalon

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Please don't mock the Moldy IV.3a SEs. You really need to listen to them. Measurements do not tell the full story.
  12. BlackTalon

The 67-year-old hearing test results! You need hearing aids.

Yes -- apply for a job reviewing audiophile-grade stereo equipment. It sounds like you are close to being qualified. In another couple of years it should be a slam dunk. :cool:
  13. BlackTalon

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

It was a seagull post. He flew over and dropped some $hit to stir things up, and will fly off.
  14. BlackTalon

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

I've only had a couple of these (once in downtown Florence and once in a 'local' restaurant in the hills), but we were not asked about doneness either time. I do not remember thinking there were any issues with the way the steaks were cooked. But I do enjoy steaks that are still mooing... But...
Top Bottom