Recent content by Brab

1. B

Chromecast audio resolution

I have an early generation and a current Chromecast TV. When I get the audio to my DAC using an HDMI audio extractor, the DAC shows a resolution of 24/48 with the early Chromecast, and a resolution of 16/48 with the current Chromecast model. Any idea why, and does it matter given my source is...
  2. B

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Speaker Review

Exactly my experience.
  3. B

I thought you were asking about a high pass setting for the Elacs. Yes, if you are running the Elacs full range you definitely want a low setting for the sub.
  4. B

You really need to experiment for your own environment, but the Elacs can be boomy so higher crossover points might be appropriate.
  5. B

resistor relay volume control preamp

Looks perfect, but can't find any availability.
  6. B

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

When using the coax input, the unit cuts out momentarily when a heavy appliance turns on, a/c, fridge etc. I tried changing the charger but that gave the unit fits. What is it about the the Soncoz design that makes it so balky and fussy?
  7. B

resistor relay volume control preamp

I'm interested in the Topping L70 preamp. Are there other similar preamps with resistor relay based volume control (with remote) to consider preferably cheaper? thanks.
  8. B

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

The unit will output video plus audio via the HDMI out.
  9. B

Best way from computer into receiver

I am now going directly from my PC into the receiver via HDMI, thus relying on the receiver's built in DAC. Thanks all.
  10. B

Yes. Thanks for the clarification. I've corrected the post.
  11. B

I want to stream a concert video from my computer to my Yamaha RX-V385 receiver. I can simply do audio and video via HDMI to the receiver, or I can take the audio from my computer to an external DAC (better than the Yamaha internal DAC) via USB, and then to the receiver either via analog or...
  12. B

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Mine's been working fine for about four years, after an initial repair. Just put it in my main system and am surprised at how good it sounds.
  13. B

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I have a Yamaha RXv385. Is the amplifier section similar to this one?
  14. B

Reliable DAC

Thank you for all the replies to my query. I bought the SMSL SU-1 suggested early on. It's doing the job, and seems to me more robustly constructed than the SMSL DAC I had earlier that failed.
Top Bottom