Recent content by Count Dacula

1. Count Dacula

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

...but I'm just speculating and playing Devil's Advocate for a rational based on some science-y thing that the designer-"engineer" might have had in mind. A lot of speaker design is based on guesswork and speculation anyway. I'm just trying to fix that concept to a plausible effect. Six coils...
  2. Count Dacula

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

I think it's about driver mass, in relation to magnet's surface area on the coil, if I had to guess. Let's say that total driver mass is identical, I'm pretty sure six magnets and coils can move it with more control than a single coil.
  3. Count Dacula

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

Why not recase the speaker in it's entirety? Just form a mould and pour it in concrete, then let us know how it works out :cool:
  4. Count Dacula

Bookshelf Speaker Recommendation

I have a bunch of new and old KEFs, inc the Q150 and Q350. Q150 is fine for a TV system, but seriously if you can move up to the Q350s, I would highly recommend it. It could work without a sub much more convincingly, but when/if you add one, you have a full fledged system. I use my Q350 as my...
  5. Count Dacula

Do measurements bring satisfaction?

It's nice to see measurements that confirm what you already determined yourself. I suppose then the opposite cause and effect would also be the case. I'd say it depends on the personality of the listener, but I think it follows the "glass half full" model. At least this way you have the partly...
  6. Count Dacula

Show us your Cars

Yes. European cars in Europe get better MPG and HP at the same time....how!??! The US tune is rich for lowered NOx emissions. EU allows more NOx but higher particulates with a leaner tune. An aftermarket tune is less rich and more aggressive timing, boost etc So, more MPG and more power....
  7. Count Dacula

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

Someone should look at who gets the actual songwriting credits. If it's her, I'm still suspect, because that skill can be farmed out.
  8. Count Dacula

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

More like, "plays with" instruments. Everybody uses backing tracks live. :facepalm:
  9. Count Dacula

Show us your Cars

This is the current line-up. I dumped my 2022 Q5 at CarMax with 3500 miles. Formerly a BIG Audi guy, Mercedes are a breeze to own and work on by comparison. Beetle A5 is the wife's, she insists on manual trans, so I got it for her. White Fintail is 4 on the floor too. Yes, two MLs as well. I got...
  10. Count Dacula

Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter has a cute office system

I already have this in my clipboard, so I'm sharing it here https://www.soundonsound.com/people/recording-random-access-memories-daft-punk
  11. Count Dacula

Sound on Sound->Recording Random Access Memories | Daft Punk Peter Franco & Mick Guzauski

I dunno if people saw this, but it's a great article, and informative.... https://www.soundonsound.com/people/recording-random-access-memories-daft-punk
  12. Count Dacula

Kraft Punk

Been a fan since Homework, and saw them in 1997...it was crazy. Obviously on the cutting edge with production, recording and songwriting.... I thought I'd post my new favorite jam Also, bring Life Back to Music...R_A_M Excellent read...
  13. Count Dacula

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Right. if someone inherited this type of unit from their cool uncle, it would be a total keeper. Fire it up and rock out to some nasty hobgoblin tunes on a turntable....who cares how it really sounds? However buying a (expensive) new-old "replica" type thing in 2022 is absurd. It's...
Top Bottom