Recent content by DavidEdwinAston

1. D

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

I don't think I'd dare to ask my Missus for the dosh, that your approach requires Jim. Not with grandchildren to help through uni.
  2. D

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

Debatebly the finest ever playback machine. The CR7 the finest recording machine.
  3. D

Celebrity RIP Thread

C.J.Sansom. No more Shardlake.
  4. D

What book are you reading?

I hadn't realised that Farce, in the novel form could exist. A Good man in Africa, and Stars and Bars, by William Boyd, laugh out loud good! Possibly not read in the company of ones Missus, when she is trying to concentrate on her Thriller! ;)
  5. D

No doubt Billy! However, I am in the UK. My comment on restorer John acknowledged that he is in Oz. I agree that it was one of the best.
  6. D

I wonder if I could get my 1985 CR7 serviced? Presumably you could do it John, if I can get it to Oz? :)
  7. D

Reliability and build quality of Chinese Vs. Western Amps and DACs? Can you reliably get 15+ years out of a Topping Stack? Or SMSL? Singxer?

Hold on! My monobloks would certainly be buried at my head and feet! :cool: (Except, I am getting cremated!)
  8. D

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yes, as I endlessly flicked the page up to find the length, I did think that even Matt doesn't post this long!:cool:
  9. D

Recommend me some fun speakers for a large room, don't need to be "reference"

I'd like to give you two likes for this post, Sam! What are those speakers?
  10. D

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

In pre ASR days, I was content, to follow my favourite Hifi shops recommendations. When said Chord fails, you can bet your boots, something cheaper will replace it
  11. D

I think that if you believe you can hear a difference between different DAC's, for instance, no problem. If that perception causes you to purchase various DAC's, for reasons other than product failure, your money, your choice. However I think that money could more usefully be given to charity.
  12. D

Electrostatic speakers?

Can I ask you guys if you think that the current "top", Quad's have added anything to their electrostatic history?
  13. D

Where can I download good quality music for free?

Thank you. Less than I am paying Qobuz, for sure!
Top Bottom