Recent content by dlovesmusic

1. D

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

The list above have pretty much captured most if not all of the “usual suspects” when it comes to shrills and hypes…
  2. D

I am obsessed with my RPI5 running as a streamer for Qobuz and more!!!

I hope the pi5 version of retropie will launch soon. It will be a lot faster and stable
  3. D

I am not sure if there really is a concerning issue. I have been using this for months without any problem. OC'd to 3100hz and forced_turbo=1 and pushing CPU at 100% for hours everyday. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0CJLX4K2X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  4. D

To be honest you might as well get the ones with active cooling. I stuck my head right against it and could not hear a thing even psensor said it’s spinning like 9000rpm
  5. D

Schiit Freya + passive mode, Bechmark LA4, Topping pre90

All I can say is wow!!! I guess it’s not a bad thing they pretty much rebuild it for you with a new transformer, tube heater resistors and the regulator… they might as well just give you a new unit!!
  6. D

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Voted yes. Audio equipment wise was pretty much settled 2 years ago. Main listening room is a dedicated space in the basement that is adequately treated acoustically. Earlier in the year I finally managed to set up a centralized music server pc that streams qobuz and local content into any one...
  7. D

Upsampling 16/44.1 collection a good idea?

Haha, now we are into the realm of subjective impression and personal preferences when it comes to TS!!! lol I previously had a brief conversation with archimago on this topic and I do believe a little steep high end roll-off could be good for harsh pop/rock and the minimum phase filter will...
  8. D

Sorry I am not sure if I understand your comment. I think there is not necessarily anything wrong with that album, it just so happen the music itself has some strong transient and ringing, some of these effects can be reduced with the application of certain minimum phase digital reconstruction...
  9. D

In this case with a modern day recording, the mixing and ringing are possibly intentional. But there are cases for some of the older, worse recordings like some of the digitized analog recordings - rock stuff from the 70s/80s, this could actually be a solution to an issue
  10. D

I understand that here on asr ppl generally do not like to talk about things that are not proven objectively by measurements. And I personally don’t believe in things like cables, audiophile ethernet switch, fuses and other junks. But this topic of external upsampling/ downsampling and...
  11. D

I am listening to the new Taylor Swift album as we speak, many of the tracks have quite a bit of strong transient and ringing (intentional or not), swapping to a shorter length minimum phase filter with steeper roll-off and attenuation, I thought the change is pretty obvious for the better…
  12. D

Don’t think playing around with external upsampling and speakers and room correction have to be mutually exclusive tho. My listening room is pretty adequately treated acoustically and run audiolense convolution filter to incorporate subs with my main speakers and actually find the room...
  13. D

Obviously John is referring to in a general scheme of thing, if you do not know what you are doing, be ware of Fixed-point upsampling creating distortion when an intersample peak exceeding 0 dBFS occurs, not specifically for software like Hqplayer that the developer spent the past 20 years day...
  14. D

Taking SACD to the next level?

Actually hqplayer 5 has significantly improved on cpu resources, my i7 6700k no oc, can upsample dsd 64 source files to dsd256 plus audiolense convolution. Takes no time to start playback with no stuttering. I am only referring to stereo not multichannel sacd tho
  15. D

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

Pretty subjective I would say unless we define what big bucks mean. You can spend $300 on a wiim amp with a pair of bookshelves for another $300 and that’s considered “big bucks” by many
Top Bottom