Recent content by Erikland

1. E

Schiit, PS Audio or Marantz in Alaska

Hello, I ended up buying the Schiit Vidar 2. So my system consists of: Wiim Pro streamer > Schiit Modi+ dac > Schiit Saga S preamp > Schiit Vidar 2 amp > JBL L100T speakers. And it sounds great! The bass is much better than when I had been using the PS Audio Spout. The bass is tighter...
  2. E

Thanks for the replies and recommendations. I've been reading about them, and I've fallen back down the black hole of research. I'm new to all of this, and it's tricky to decode all the advertising and review hype to make an informed choice. Normally, the shipping costs to and from Alaska...
  3. E

That's funny because one of the reasons I'm changing the system is to get better bass response. A few friends have advised me that the 33 watts from the Sprout aren't enough for the 12" woofers of the JBL L100T. Interesting. The other reason is that I'd like to use the PS Audio Sprout with...
  4. E

And I'm not sure if any of the following info helps but the room is our main living space that is 12 X 20 feet. Our sit on the couch and listen position is about 8 feet from the speakers.
  5. E

Hello from Alaska! I'd like to buy a new amplifier for my stereo system. My budget is $1200 US. Right now, I have it narrowed down to 3 choices: 1) Schiit Vidar 2 > $950 shipped > https://www.schiit.com/products/vidar2 2) Marantz MM7025 > $999 shipped >...
Top Bottom