Recent content by Golfx

1. Golfx

11 Channel ACR Help Please $3k budget

Hi and welcome. Regarding “video capability” being omitted—no manufacturer would try to do that. They mostly just “pass through” the video source signal anyway. So no cost savings available with that unavailable option. Regarding the 6800, most users can get a very satisfactory room...
  2. Golfx

Your Favorite Stereo Upmixer For Music

I use a Roon nucleus to Roon ready trinnov 16.
  3. Golfx

Your Favorite Stereo Upmixer For Music

I use Auro 3d’s auromatic up mixer to create a nice front wall of sound from PCM feeds from Roon. I use Front Heights about 5 feet over the LR. Auromatic presents a slight hall ambiance from the surrounds, rear surrounds. But it sums the bass from all channels to create a warmer sound.
  4. Golfx

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

Or you could keep you S5Ms and use them as unsurpassed surrounds If you buy the S7Ts. Hardly anyone would have that outstanding combination.
  5. Golfx

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

I would read the original S7t review from audioholics‘ James Larsan. https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/perlisten-s7t
  6. Golfx

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Former farm kid here—pigs will gleefully eat you if you stand still and do nothing.
  7. Golfx

Please rescue me from the rabbit hole! Anthem, Denon, Marantz or Integra with KEF r6 + r3 meta, DACs, Music Streaming...

Buckeye’s owner will say he gets such a volume deal on his modules that the 4 channel is cheaper than other vendors 3 channel. So it is easier to just get the Four channel. They have their own owners subforum over at AVSforums. He got his start on this forum though. If you don’t drive your...
  8. Golfx

Please rescue me from the rabbit hole! Anthem, Denon, Marantz or Integra with KEF r6 + r3 meta, DACs, Music Streaming...

So OP, now you know why most of us call @peng “Professor PENG.” You will not receive better advice no matter where you look. Most random strangers you read on a forum are certainly not Professional Electrical Engineers like PENG. Instead they collect “sayings” they have read on forums like...
  9. Golfx

Well you can easily get lost among the forums. Most people will have what we call an “owners bias” because it is what they decided on and purchased. I would instead rely on professional reviews of the products which are recommended on this website. Amir was disappointed in the 3800 because it...
  10. Golfx

Upgrading Yamaha RX-A3060, looking for options

your criteria above put you in the Denon 4800/6800 class especially the multiple woofer outputs. Your smaller number of channels wont really save you any money because no one makes small channel AVRs.
  11. Golfx

I was channel surfing and was intrigued by one of those TV preachers with the title of the sermon that day was “you don’t have to let Toxic people into your life”. He also included extended family members too. I always smile when remembering that quote. I would easily describe Eric personality...
  12. Golfx

Bose was a religion in search of believers. Shame on Consumer Reports for holding them up to reality.
  13. Golfx

I didn’t know about this company before this string. I will be glad to ignore it in the future. Humans display predictable behavior based on their past behavior.
  14. Golfx

new setup 5.2.2

I would read the speaker reviews on this website and on audioholics and decide for myself rather than trusting a random stranger who likely has an owner’s bias.
Top Bottom