Recent content by iv0

1. I

Can you hear a difference between dac+amp path with 92dB vs. 78dB SINAD? (test)

I opened the files in audacity. Not inly couldn’t i hear any difference, it was hard to spot. I split the channels and played them both right and left two different ears. and muted and switched around. ER ear right EL ear left cr chnnel right cl channel left cr1 Er El cr2 cl1 er el cl2 when...
  2. I

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

Agin you are mistaken. If the cables are properly blessed by a certified guru, the sound coming out of the speakers is not changed, your perception is being purified and you experience true audio nirvana, ut the blessing process is not free. But if you gives you better sound … what’s couple of...
  3. I

obviously, then no energy is wasted in maintaining unnecessary writing capacity and the OS can concentrate on sending the file to the dac in a bit perfect way.
  4. I

Obviously. This is why second hand fuses costs 100x times more. The ones that survived the burn in process are the true magical stuff. :D
  5. I

you are all mistaken and misguided. The most important part of the equipment is the audio*file* fuse. The second most important is the cable. As a general rule of thumb, the cable should be 10x the price of the component it connects. For example 1000€ amp should be connected with at least 10000...
  6. I

WiiM Pro upgrade over a more expensive gear

I just was there. Listened to some gear. The Lyngdorf stuff looks promising for bass management. Also listened to some mezeeee headphones. In our language mezee is something you eat before drinking alkohol … so this headphones wer quite impressive. But not sure if the surprise that chicks were...
  7. I

I’ll go to the munich high end now, let them tell me how a Vinyl Disk is sooo much better and environment friendly. And see some gear. Maybe I win a topping dac or something
  8. I

Is it safe to download attachments from ASR?

well my friend, this is just not true. Maybe the archive is manipulated in such waynthat a vulnerability in the achiving software is used and something unexpected (for the user) happens. And using a second machine is hard and inconvenient. Just spin up a container.
  9. I

Is it safe to download attachments from ASR?

just use a virus free mac ohhh the simpler times . I mean even if it seems that it comes from amir, maybe his account was compromised, and the attack had this very specific goal. You can never know. If I feel particularly unsafe I just spin up a vm or docker container and check it there.
  10. I

Kef ls50 meta and Kef r400b subwoofer (had the non meta before … but they were too glossy, so when the meta came upgraded, luckily sound is much better). My space is quite small. Now I have the xs3, the xs2 was stinky (i really could smell this burny old burned smell, nobody believed me, but it...
  11. I

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I was thinking this is the duck subforum in our village community. We discuss ducks all the time :D
  12. I

After playing with PEQ for couple of days I solved my biggest issue… toooo much … WAAAYYY TO MUCH bass. efore that i was just listening at -12db output from the source, so I don’t die. In general I’m quite happy, the only thing I miss is the ability to play with the volume from the app. Because...
  13. I

so there is an aufiophinics amp with builtin streamer and no analog inputs for under 1000€. I could replace everything with just one box. Would you go that way? Just need a way to get the music to it. I just use locally stored music and no streaming service.
  14. I

I kinda want to do the same. but really like the feel of the the gear. And getting new things is kinda of risky and a hassle, am I really going to like it? Maybe it sux? Then I’ll be disappointed.
Top Bottom