Recent content by Jimbob54

1. Jimbob54

Question - Tidal MQA quality without an MQA-capable DAC

Well reminded. Was on the back of that I had a look at the different streaming options. The same...
  2. Jimbob54

Question - Tidal MQA quality without an MQA-capable DAC

In my very limited testing most streaming services seem to carry the same version(s) of albums as each other. Im sure very easy to disprove and all I did was look at some very famous examples. My thinking is the record companies/ distributors just send them all swathes of the same files at the...
  3. Jimbob54

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

Not if it's a good amplifier. And the SA1 is a good amplifier.
  4. Jimbob54

No- this is where audiophilia and upgradaholics (second being my term) is wrong and partly why this site exists. If there was an actual audible change resulting from these gear swaps and upgrades then people might have a valid point (but why not use EQ to achieve a similar result with initial...
  5. Jimbob54

Hfiman Edition XS vs Ollo S5X

Ollo falls a fair bit short of target above 1khz https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ollo-s5x-headphone-review.46166/post-1646063 Edition XS has a fair bit of excess energy at 3kz which might bother some and the hifiman dip below that...
  6. Jimbob54

Which in no way answers my question. You seem hell bent on upgrading /changing /tinkering with the electronics part of your chain. Meaningful improvements in your audio will be found in EQing your headphones and treating your listening space and /or eqing your monitors.
  7. Jimbob54

Why do you think upsampling youtube and sending it through different digital connection types will yield better sound from your headphones/ monitors than playing the native sample rate of the file through USB to your RME?
  8. Jimbob54

Schiit Jotunheim2 upgrade DAC's.

Because other people gush over multibit DACs. Humans are funny like that.
  9. Jimbob54

What headphones that the RME cant power single ended ? I have a THX 789 amp strapped to my RME but only use it for the Hifiman 6 SE via balanced output that the RME is just a little underpowered for. Everything else I can play from the RME directly and most HP I play at below -10db on the RME-...
  10. Jimbob54

Best IEMs between $200 and $300?

The new Oratory1990 one to Harman is very similar to my own but doesn't knock the 3k region down quite as much. I tune more to crinacle's 2020 target Oh and the Nova ain't small but it's well formed.
  11. Jimbob54

WiiM Ultra... Am I missing something?

Suspect they envisage other standalone digital sources (Im thinking CD/TV) might want to be fed via the Wiim DAC into your amp but they would be SPDIF connections. Take your point but I doubt many would get this to then use as a USB DAC with a PC therefore they took the lower cost for vast...
  12. Jimbob54

Best IEMs between $200 and $300?

I would seriously consider the Truthear Nova- less than $200 but once you leave the sub $50 market I think these might be the best value IEM I have tried IF you can EQ them. I wouldnt touch if you cant EQ and listen remotely loud as the 3khz area becomes uncomfortable.
  13. Jimbob54

If you are going PC-USB- SU6- Coax-RME how do you expect the settings in Madiface driver to have any impact on what the RME receives? Its not connected to the PC
  14. Jimbob54

Why the SA1 in the chain and not rme hp out to headphone, rme xlr to monitors?
  15. Jimbob54

"Things that cannot be measured"

Cant buy it either.
Top Bottom