Recent content by justlisten

1. J

Help with improving sound

Thanks. I had to look that up. I had no idea such a thing existed!
  2. J

As you alluded to, the cueing/lift mechanism doesn’t work on my Technics deck, and this is a well known issue for these models. The fix is a thicker plastic piece and there’s a guy who 3D manufactures this piece which lasts for years. I plan to fix this. I could sell this deck of course and get...
  3. J

Looking at my Aiyima now and it does have an Aux out.
  4. J

Thank you all for your suggestions and very helpful advice. I’ll take it and run with it. Will slowly implement it and see what works and what doesn’t. Most importantly, I’ll be listening to the music closely. I since doubled my budget (shhh…don’t tell the wife!) as I realize it isn’t quite enough.
  5. J

Hi Bob, Thank you for the good advice. I am willing to double my budget since I realize it isn’t nearly enough. That Parks Audio Waxwing looks superb. Will be getting that for sure. I was able to successfully align the stylus and cartridge by using a protractor, a digital scale, and a level. So...
  6. J

Hi DVDdoug, I guess I am a sucker for punishment . Flipping vinyl, cleaning filthy lps that I bought second hand, and dealing with dust is good times hahaha. Thanks for the headphone suggestion. So an equalizer with tone controls is your suggestion. Do you have one in mind that you can...
  7. J

Thanks, but I’d like to avoid digital for now at least. I’d like to satisfy my nostalgia with vinyl first. I’m not after the clinical sound, just the vinyl sound that people like me are after. I don’t know, but with vinyl I like the experience of listening to an album from beginning to end. I...
  8. J

I’d also would like to change out the turntable feet for something more solid. Any suggestions? Will be updating the RCA cables which are soldered on inside the turntable and haven’t been changed since the late 70s?
  9. J

Thanks for the replies and welcome. Sound advice by many of you here thank you.. So adding the preamp into the mix makes sense then. Thanks Joe. The consensus seems to be better speakers and DAC/digital source. And I will be updating the cart to the 95 one. Reason I got the KEFs is that most...
  10. J

Oh, I forgot to mention that I plan on getting a good set of headphones down the line, so will be needing a headphone amp too.
  11. J

Hello, First of all, I am glad I found this site and it is nice to meet all the fine folks here. I'm just a budding audiophile wannabe who wants the best of the best possible sound money can buy, the only limitation being my diminishing hearing and money as a finite resource. For a while now...