Recent content by lewdish

1. L

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Based on early review, it seems like the Mk6 also has one of the highest rated phone speakers on GSMarena based on LUFS output and response, granted you can get more gain if you cup your hands around the phone and it probably boosts the response as well. GSMArena's speaker measurements might not...
  2. L

Basically do it backwards, Get a flat neutral speaker, connect it to your pc as a microphone (download a mic app), play the sweep into ur phone How to Test Microphone Frequency Response | TSP (theseasonedpodcaster.com)
  3. L

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

Curious how exp was the shipping for this & how heavy were they?
  4. L

So the new XPERIA 1 Mk 6 came out this week, and it looks like Sony claims that theres a new audio circuit that reduces crosstalk allegedly 50% better separation between L&R channels. Hoping it means the power output is better as well cause Amir's model seems to output almost nothing. I'm...
  5. L

REW-like app for mobile (Android/iOS)

On android theres spectroid and Advanced Spectrum Analyzer Pro
  6. L

Austrian Audio Hi-X60 Headphone Review

x65 has quite a good response as well. Has a dip @1.5k which is common for a lot of audiophile (Hifiman,Sennheriser, ZMF, etc...) headphone tuning & Quite flat for the most part and rolloff is fairly smooth and minimal for an open back. I really like my x65. Composer is quite good too, its...
  7. L

Austrian Audio Hi-X60 Headphone Review

I mean look at how many folks use ATH-M50x and Beyerdynamic products in pro audio still, none of those products are very ideal tonally for Studio work. While its not perfect I think the x60 is still plenty usable. Frankly I think the Audio Technica R70x has the most ideal response for studio...
  8. L

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

Ive always wanted to see how they performed, I wish we had a Nubert Dealer here in the US tbh they measure super well!
  9. L

HDMI to IIS/Coax DoP Converter

Im curious w/ other tools that serve the same function if they also perform as equally poor
  10. L

8ch hifiberry hat dac for RPI5

Are they using the usual TI/PCM Dac chips?
  11. L

DIY subwoofer - input problem

Anyone actually have a Dayton DSP amp plate to send to amir for testing? Im curious if the current model is any better than the old ones.
  12. L

Moondrop teases Hi-Fi smartphone

Really good for a phone! Basically on par w/ the high end dongles they sell. I wouldnt mind if every phone had this
  13. L

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Its not uncommon to have projects that are free to share and publicly accessible to be defined as open source, it just means theres an origin point for a product and should be credited if its used and modified
  14. L

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

I think it does really well esp for the price of components, only down side seems to be max spl, subwoofer crossover point is very ideal as well
Top Bottom