Recent content by mr.at

1. mr.at

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

Exactly! So why not just go for the real thing in the first place:
  2. mr.at

SMSL SH-9 THX Headphone Amplifier Review

We're faulting SMSL more than we should here. Everyone who's read a bit of more detailed info knows it's not a truly/fully balanced amp. Neither is the Massdrop 789. And then some. On paper, all are balanced you see. Their can claim that their amp are balanced simply because they have balanced...
  3. mr.at

Focal Clear Professional Review

Isn't the tilt supposed to be better though?
  4. mr.at

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

There is a warm-up time this amp has. You think the chips are too cold for them to sound as such? You give it some time to warm up?
  5. mr.at

Monoprice M1570C Headphone Review

Yeah the thing with the m1060c is that it's a slightly different driver. So how it goes is, the m1060c (open) is more preferred than a standard m1060 (which is already open). Now with the 1570 or 1070, I'm going to assume it's the same driver? So basically yeah, like you said, whatever's...
  6. mr.at

I humbly agree. Yes, The 600 series is a funny creature. Even my HD650 don't stage as well as an open back should. I agree, planars are definitely tricky animals. And their erratic and unpredictable behavior is definitely something to keep in mind. I'm kind of hinting towards the new closed back...
  7. mr.at

I know. I'm just saying it's a good headphone when opened up. I know one could measure on how things change. All I can say is that the physical changes have drastic improvements - measuring them is of course another matter, but it's a thought of for those who may have any kind of consideration...
  8. mr.at

I think these Monoprice Closed Backs are better used as a DIY or Modding platfrom rather than a straight out of the box use headphone. I have the M1060c myself - if anyone knows those headphones, every owner and their mother modded that to be open or semi-open back. I've had the same experience...
  9. mr.at

Hifiman Edition XS

Yes yes I do. Truth be told, I am impressed how you've been able to subjectify (that a word?) objective measurements. Good one!
  10. mr.at

Hifiman Edition XS

All hail Vulcan ears.
  11. mr.at

Hifiman Edition XS

I see. Yeah I really like what I'm hearing, guy like me just bites the bullet on subjective feedback and long as the objective data is not too abnormal. I myself called it a day with the SMSL SH-9 lol, best of luck finding a good combo!
  12. mr.at

Hifiman Edition XS

Hi Ken, What frequency range is that? Just curious.
  13. mr.at

Hifiman Edition XS

Yes my thoughts are only a guidance. By giving it, I mean that it clips. Very bad clipping. It means the XS scales pretty well with more powerful amps, yet amps can come apart if they lack in power. I've witnessed the same impedance fluctuation in the XS, where most to all of the clipping is...
  14. mr.at

Hifiman Edition XS

Hi. Yes ok, so firstly, I've been to a couple of headphones meets, I got the sense from most folks who use high-end gear, that despite the fact they're looking for high end and high power, they all listened to volumes much lower than myself (I don't call myself an audiophile as I'm more of a...
Top Bottom