Recent content by Sal1950

1. Sal1950

What is your favorite house curve

What can ya do Ron, every website has it's trolls. But whether speakers, innerconnects, or power cables, excellent engineering or snake-oil marketing will always shine through
  2. Sal1950

What is your favorite house curve

Maybe when you grow up and finish your education you'll be able to appreciate Floyd's decades of work in the industry. :facepalm:
  3. Sal1950

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Still the best and safest way to run power lines. Of course its expensive, both material wise and labor but it is the best.
  4. Sal1950

Faceplates for Buckeye Amps

Most Harley motorcycle shops can put you together with some...
  5. Sal1950

Everyone's got an opinion, and you know what they say about that. LOL Honestly your faceplate looks great as-is and is a big cosmetic upgrade over the inexpensive casing Bullseye uses. Or you could just buy a Dan Dagostino ?
  6. Sal1950

Acoustic properties of glass

This is how I dealt with my glass issues, 2" of Roxul Rockboard 60 acoustic insulation Saves $ on heating and cooling too. And I dont have Alexa, Google, or any other audio/video spies in my house either. ;)
  7. Sal1950

A agree on both counts, but I would black out the hardware. That's just me. Oh yea, and add a couple big VU meters between the screws, meter lighting would double as power indicators. :p
  8. Sal1950

Snake Oil Department, Top This

You have to first tell the friend what the difference between it and a lesser DAC is, just like a salesperson. Once you do that they'll hear it clearly. Even though no difference exists. :p
  9. Sal1950

New Magico M7 speakers

The are snap, crackle, pop and static erasers. :p Image how good those speakers could sound with a digital source and some Benchmark amps. o_O
  10. Sal1950

May the Fourth be with you

Nope, it's having to be Politically Correct with everything that is ruining most all from Star Wars to Dr Who :mad:
  11. Sal1950

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark (Atmos & much more) from The Asylum Albums 1972-75 Box Set "On 4-24-2024 Rhino Records released a 4 Blu-ray Set Featuring Remastered Hi-Res Stereo, Dolby Atmos mixes by Grammy® Award Winning producer Ken Caillat and Claus Trelby, and Quad Mixes of FOR THE ROSES...
  12. Sal1950

Audio Note speakers

"Perceptual accuracy" is the definition a listener uses to justify having really crappy speakers and such in his system and ignoring the fact of the matter.
  13. Sal1950

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Sure, Even though the heavy side is down, it's still just begging for someone to bump it and have it slam down flat (horizontally), right side up or upside down. LOL There's a right way and a wrong way to do everything. ;)
  14. Sal1950

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

I think what your hearing is the varying sounds of the amplifiers energizing the speakers. Whether it's a difference in DC offset stabilization or what I have no idea. I can say that every system I've owned in my 60 years of HiFi sounded a bit different at each instance of turn-on. Is it normal...
  15. Sal1950

Audio Note speakers

Blah blah blah, Same ole, same ole in defense of you coming in every time a "cult" component is exposed for it's "new clothes" but poor performing status. " If it sounds good to you it's OK" is not the way to guide the uninformed on a path to having a High Fidelity system. This is the same old...
Top Bottom