Recent content by Sillysilly

1. S

How do you eliminate lag when changing song x which streamer should I buy?

If Blusound is noticibly quicker than WIIM then sounds like it's worth a go. I'll report back. The dream would be to have everything in one box when it comes to digital. It seems like a key part of streamer functionality that is overlooked in reviews. How big is the cache and how fast /...
  2. S

I get it the requirement to buffer and that I am reliant of third party servers and my own internal network. What I looking ti understand is if anyone has made significant improvement by spending more money and how. With all the audiophile bull around premium Ethernet cable, custom $2k cones...
  3. S

It’s scenario B. Would love to hear from Roon users. For music discovery I like to skip through recommended albums very quickly, play the 1st few seconds, then skip into say 30 seconds and save anything that has potential to listen to properly at a later point. I think the answer is going to...
  4. S

I’m looking to spend up to $2500 on a streamer / DAC. I want to eliminate the lag when changing songs. There is always a few milliseconds, even after perfecting wifi with fibre and ubiquiti setup on the networking front. I’m actually happy with the sound of my current DAC, a humble Khadas...
  5. S

Recommend small speakers for my B system in the workshop

Old B&W CM1 or 600s3 are both small, look nice and can be picked up cheap. Won’t measure perfect but for second system do the job.
  6. S

KEF R3 Meta - My Experience

How is replacing the amp going to to stop your speakers bottoming out? Just buy a couple of subs and high pass the R3’s.
  7. S

Any point of external DAC+AMP with new MacBook Pros?

The new MBP has lots of power but lacks magic for me. If I take a tricky headphone like the AKG 701 I'm amazed at what it can push out in terms of power and volume, but it's not as good as say a Heed Canamp and Khadas Toneboard. Maybe it's the DAC that lets it down but that combo is much more...
  8. S

Streamer track change speed

Aaa genius, cheers. Will have a play around with this and see what happens.
  9. S

Would fibre to the door, Unifi hardware and a more expensive streamer with bigger / faster buffer help or do I just need to purchase my music and throw it on an SSD plugged straight into the streamer?
  10. S

I’ve noticed when using Qobuz with an Arylic streamer I browse unknown music and albums less because the time to change / play tracks + albums is often up to a second after clicking. Is this just a reality of wireless / cloud streaming or can it be made faster by spending more on a better...
  11. S

Speaker designs using Purifi drivers

Heard the floor standers live, with about 5 foot to breathe from the side and back walls. I would have been very happy with them if looking to spend that amount.
  12. S

Speaker designs using Purifi drivers

https://www.instagram.com/kromahighend?
  13. S

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

Heard MBL’s at the Ascot show. They sounded fine to me, definitely not one of the highly rated brands that shocked me when they didn’t live up to expectations by a country mile. I guess their audience is such they don’t care much about about value and want something unique. With that likely...
Top Bottom