Recent content by Skeletor

1. Skeletor

USB audio interfaces interest

I'm with artburda. Bought the Rode AI-1 as a phantom power audio interface for my XLR mic, but the headphone amp seems surprisingly capable at 210 mW (32 Ohms). I notice an audible hiss with IEMs, but when it's driving my HD 560S and Arya Stealth the background is black, which in both cases...
  2. Skeletor

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Yep, that's the one! It is the little pegs, circled in red, that slot straight into the holes of the HE6, once you've popped out the silver grommets that the OG or hybrid headband currently screws into...
  3. Skeletor

The enhanced comfort headband slots into the holes that are already there. You need to unscrew the existing headband screws, then take off the ear pads and pop the little silver grommets (which the screw go into) out of the holes, pushing from the inside out - bit of pressure with the end of a...
  4. Skeletor

I didn’t find the Hybrid comfortable enough, and I also don’t think it looks very good. My solution was to buy and attach my favourite Hifiman headband, the "Newly Enhanced Comfort Headband".
  5. Skeletor

Having owned the HD800S, I don’t understand why they’re continually compared. In many ways, the Arya (also owned) is a closer competitor to the HD800S than the HE6se is. The HE6se is a very different beast. Fuller across the spectrum, not as much air or separation, more aggressive in...
  6. Skeletor

I was describing the capability of the headphone, not in relation to my particular EQ. Through experimentation, a +12 boost to bass is also still well controlled on most tracks, without audible distortion.
  7. Skeletor

For EDM and metal I’m running a +4db shelf at 130Hz and a +2dB Q1 peak at 30Hz. This delivers the bass slam suited to my taste, without introducing distortion or muddying the response. The fact that the HE6 is so EQ-malleable without sonic compromise is an impressive technical feat unto itself...
  8. Skeletor

I'm driving the HE6se (v1) with a Burson Soloist 3X, objectively one of the most powerful headphone amps on the market: 8W per channel @ 16 ohms. On the highest gain setting, at 80/100, the listening levels are good. The Magni 2 is 1.8W per channel @ 16 ohms - it seems to me that there would be...
Top Bottom