Recent content by spalmgre

1. spalmgre

Analytical Analysis - Room Gain

Here are my recent measurements. I got the best base till now by measuring L, R and L+R speakers. Then I EQ the R speaker so the L+R looks nice. The "room gain" that I get is probably a sum of three different phenomena that all seem to be related to as room gain. Hz0 (Rene), Hz1 (Erin) and...
  2. spalmgre

Can you show your room waterfall? I think it looks like you might have a standing wave at about 53 Hz. If so EQ that down. Don’t use Excell use Rew —-> All SPL / Action for All SPL / Trance Arithmetic. You can add measured traces like the nearfield and the port. I also think that you should...
  3. spalmgre

Using REW's new inversion feature for room correction

I think Amirs video Understanding Audio Frequency Response & Psychoacoustics tell why you can smooth before the inversion or rePahse process. But looking at the curves maybe there is not so much need to smooth at least over 800Hz. And I must say that I can not hear the difference. I also use...
  4. spalmgre

Ok I tried than you. Can I calculate the time and taps relation? I thought that if I could import to rePhase then saving from there would give me the taps setting.
  5. spalmgre

My initial question entering this thread was, where can I adjust how many taps the inverted correction has when it is exported and convoluted? I have also tried to do Driver Lineration as Mitch suggests in his book. My Najda prosessor can prosess about 1000taps per channal. This is enough for...
  6. spalmgre

Thank you for your writing so now I don't need to make the effort. It takes much effort to get to your conclusion. I know as I also made the effort and came to the same result. It took me seven years after entering the digital FIR EQ XO world. Now my dilemma with the perfect sound and curves...
  7. spalmgre

Kali MM-6

Why not paste the link to the Alto Musik shop on ebay. Search does not find same things as your country region will show different search results.
  8. spalmgre

My rooms longest dimension is 5 m. So that is way down from the 50Hz that seams ( see my measurement post #83) to be the gain start frequency. So then we do have a third gain variable after the Hz0 (Rene) and the Hz1 (Erin) described modes. This would then be the boundary gain witch in my case...
  9. spalmgre

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 in fully active setup

Hearing and listening are not the same thing. You will better understand and be able to recognise different sounds, quality, nuances etc. than a young listener would. Like wine or food, quality is better understood once you have some milages under your belt.
  10. spalmgre

Erin is discussing this topic as well or is it another variant of the same idea being "Room gain"? He is calculating the f0 for where the room gain starts from the dimensions of the room. Here in this thread here, it has been presented that the room gain is a product of pressurizing the room. I...
  11. spalmgre

Kali MM-6

I don’t know or find any speakers that are caled MM-6. But just do basic search and you find Thomann. https://www.thomann.de/fi/kali_audio.html
  12. spalmgre

DSP Measurements and Rising Noise Floor

Neurocrome Modulus has been tested at ACR so we know what that represents. Modulus is in my opinion too expensive or let's say that I can not see the added value over a done right version that somebody else has done. The "Doner right" and several other boards can also work well as there is a...
  13. spalmgre

Not a coincidence but both companies have their own LM3886 boards. It might be that one has looked at the other's design. But so has everybody who has built an LM3886 amplifier. Not a coincidence as the Neurocrome Modulus amplifier needed an SMPS and Connex Electronics has a reputation for...
  14. spalmgre

No source connected and also tested with Najda DSP preamp with internal 8 channel DAC connected. Najda is entirely silent so same noise with or without a source. Tested D-amp bords with chip 3116 and also Tripath TK2050 amplifiers. I want to point out that the noise I hear is with very...
  15. spalmgre

So I have JBL compression driver horns and also JBL 10" 2123 mid transducer with reported 101db sensitivity, 1W, 1m. These I drive actively with separate power amp channels. I have tried several D-class amplifier boards that do have noise that is clearly audible. So I have installed L-pads to...
Top Bottom