Recent content by steve59

1. steve59

Best SciFi movies

oldie.ODD, just really something else. all time fun sci fi
  2. steve59

First dac. Help me to choose.

I bought a Project pre box s2 digital for it's functionality at the price.
  3. steve59

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

I'm commenting after reading only the first 20 posts to this thread. I agree the Tekton rep did himself no favors losing his self control over this review. When JA posted the measured shortcomings of the much more expensive Be' upgraded version of the speakers in stereophile the company reply...
  4. steve59

How loud do you like your music?

I used to really crank it up, but, and I can accept there's skeptics that think i'm the devil incarnate for typing this... The current electronics paired to my speakers bring out much more detail at low volume that I no longer find it necessary to play at 90+ levels to hear everything on the...
  5. steve59

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

Meridians dsp line are proprietary in you need either an 818v3 or 218 to stream. The 818v3 will play to 24/192 and the 218 to 24/96. M converts all 44.1 content to 88.2 and the se has built-in dacs that can play 24/192 at full rez. The 6x8" woofers per side do better in a larger room. There's 1...
  6. steve59

It depends on the cost for the new head units. My gloss black 2010 dsp8kSE upgrade have been on usam asking $18k and sitting, and sitting. As to packing, a pallet, some plywood and attentive creativity is how I shipped my revel salon 1's that are about the same size and weight...
  7. steve59

I imagine without the xover for the head unit being being in the base the top sounds less than ideal also.
  8. steve59

Chris in SC might have a lead for you. The service center in Georgia may have a couple head units?
  9. steve59

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

The DSP 8000se you're asking about are serious speakers. The $80 k they retail for is just prohibitive, but I see many used for a fraction of the price and the reason I bought them is they sound consistent room to room where so many passive speakers will sound great at a shop demo and sound...
  10. steve59

The shiny steel surrounding the drivers suggests they're Special Edition but Bruce is the guy in the USA for all things Meridian, he also got me a fair price(considering retail) on my SE upgrade.
  11. steve59

I brought the base unit in for service and the tech was able to plug the head unit from a different gen to verify everything was working. While you could use ANY dsp8000 head unit the base and electronics you have are the SE which have upgraded electronics in that panel on back and the Beryllium...
  12. steve59

the 218 is good enough and can be found used for $500. an Ipad can run the meridian app replacing the big remote M uses and the RJ45 cable is as cheap as any affordable speaker wire. The se comes with the 24/194 hardware in the bass units on the panel on back!
  13. steve59

Yes you need the heads and that could be a problem! Start out on the hitchhikers guide to Meridian, the knowledgeable owners and dealers will take you step by step thru what you need to get up and running. the bass cabinets you have crossover at 200 hz so head un\its are a must
  14. steve59

Meridian active loudspeakers

There's a learning curve and the newer M's need an Ipad to stream. I bought a pair of DSP8000's in 2010 in 2018 and upgraded to se in 2019. A pre/dac like the 818 or 218 is required for adding components or using the speakerlink feature. 'The hitchhikers guide to Meridian' online was essential...
  15. steve59

I have the DSP 8000.2 that I upgraded to se $20k upgrade!!! anyhow 'The hitchikers guide to Meridian' is the place to get your answers. These speakers compare in no way to B&W. These have aa full bodied sound with no added energy up top. Mine are set to -4 in the bass and +2 in the treble and...
Top Bottom