Recent content by SuicideSquid

1. SuicideSquid

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

Interesting in the abstract? Maybe - personally I don't find much interesting in someone being able to distinguish differences between audio settings in a contrived test that has no relationship to actually uses, but if you do, that's fine. But is this useful or meaningful information? No.
  2. SuicideSquid

I think you're slightly misunderstanding or misrepresenting my issue with your position. If someone can consistently pick out differences between the two amps in your scenario in an abx test that replicates typical music listening, that's interesting. That's useful. Even if it only amounts to...
  3. SuicideSquid

Why, though? What value is there in prioritizing the edge case scenario that doesn't apply 99.9% of the time? Also, I don't think these tests actually tell you the difference between "can't hear" and "likely won't hear" because it's not replicating normal listening. Like, I can walk right up...
  4. SuicideSquid

I'll say it's wrong. It's wrong because listening to music isn't a listening test. If you're straining to hear a tiny difference at 20kHz, you're not listening to music. No actual human listener, listening to music, could distinguish between these things. It's like people fetishizing the...
  5. SuicideSquid

"Sound" and "Musical content" aren't the same thing. You could potentially capture very high and ultra high frequencies around and over 20kHz in a high-resolution recording but you cannot distinguish notes or harmonics up there, even if you can perceive a test tone.
  6. SuicideSquid

Austrian Audio Hi-X60 Headphone Review

Personally I think those 100Hz and 5k peaks would make these headphones absolutely unlistenable for me. I guess they're designed for people who like the "Flying V" EQ setup.
  7. SuicideSquid

Lots of younger people can hear up to 22~23kHz. 20kHz is just the average highest pitch most people without hearing loss can hear. In musical terms though, the difference between 20kHz and 22kHz is about one semitone, and there's literally no musical information in any recording in that range...
  8. SuicideSquid

B&O best audio builder? Your opinion?

I am genuinely baffled by this interaction.
  9. SuicideSquid

You quoted my post and said I was running a risk of them coming after me. I assure you I am not. Both Amir's review, and my comment, are clearly protected speech. That doesn't stop some unscrupulous actors from trying to use threats of legal action to remove fair comment from the internet...
  10. SuicideSquid

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

No, but FR+distortion+sensitivity does.
  11. SuicideSquid

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

Two years ago: "Wow, I can't believe we can get this level of performance from a $50 IEM" One year ago: "Wow, I can't believe we can get this level of performance from a $25 IEM" Today: "Wow, I can't believe we can get this level of performance from a $16 IEM" So next year, we can expect a...
  12. SuicideSquid

You want to elaborate on that? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. For the record, I am a lawyer.
  13. SuicideSquid

E1DA Cosmos ADCiso Review

Thank you! That's exactly the answer I was looking for.
  14. SuicideSquid

E1DA Cosmos ADCiso Review

Same question. Can I plug an analog only mic preamp into this to connect it to my PC to get better conversion than my audio interface?
  15. SuicideSquid

Can you use studio subwoofers at home?

Depends what it's intended for. There's not a lot of musical content in most genres below 30Hz so if you're flat to 30Hz and then have a sharp dropoff, in practice for music (unless you're listening to some crazy pipe organ nonsense or something) it's going to cover everything.
Top Bottom