Recent content by Tom C

1. Tom C

Automatically turn on a subwoofer that lacks 12V trigger input?

I use theseTrickleStar. I find them reliable. It’s possible to adjust sensitivity some, because if the control device draws a low current when on, it might not be enough to trip the switch. Conversely, if the control device draws a high idle current, the other devices might not switch off...
  2. Tom C

What filters are people using with Okto Dac8?

I never looked at it, so must be set at the default.
  3. Tom C

Celebrity RIP Thread

Oh no… one of my heroes.
  4. Tom C

Celebrity RIP Thread

Meet Virginia. Not my favorite track, but the remainder of the eponymous first CD is pretty good, at least for me.
  5. Tom C

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

I’ve never seen nor heard of such an animal!
  6. Tom C

Celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary last night. This was a gem, and a hit with my wife. Thank you guys for your advice!
  7. Tom C

Acoustic Treatment Help!

Sorry about that. Not quite right the first go at it, but I think I have it sorted now. I have edited the link, so you can try again if you like. Notice that only the first name, email and accept terms and conditions are required, although they ask for more. CEDIA/CTA-RP22
  8. Tom C

Acoustic Treatment Help!

I am planning a similar project, and found the following resource quite helpful: CEDIA Immersive Audio White Paper To get the PDF file, you have to register at the site with email and password, then add the file to your cart and check out. It’s free of charge though. Other items you have to...
  9. Tom C

Magico new S5

Look like excellence. But anybody paying that much should expect no less.
  10. Tom C

Help Shape Our Next Innovation: The ZA5 Balanced Power Amplifier!

I think it’s really important to keep in mind that, in order to satisfy this lot, it doesn’t matter if you put Hypex or Purify or discrete or AB or class A or C or H on the case. What matters is what we see for $$$, FR, distortion and noise when the device is on the test bench. Power...
  11. Tom C

Thank you guys!
  12. Tom C

World's larges engine

I meant the fuel.
  13. Tom C

World's larges engine

Sounds like that kind of diesel is no good to a trucker in International Falls around January.
Top Bottom