Recent content by Zink

1. Z

DIY 3D Speaker Scanner - the Mathematics and Everything Else

Unsure if this project is completely abandoned but i saw a mention of isogeometric analysis a few pages back and thought i would mention a recent thesis i read which has a section on inverse acoustic scattering problems and field recreation using IGA (among some other very intriguing topics)...
  2. Z

Nonlinearity induced bifurcations and chaos in loudspeakers

Thanks i will keep this in mind some useful ideas. If the driver was embedded too far inside the box is there chance it would start to cause a bandpass effect? Cone breakup would indeed be a good explanation for the chaotic modes. The 2021 paper linked in the OP makes speculations regarding the...
  3. Z

I've done a few helmholtz/eigenmode analysis in comsol already, having the drivers on an angle really helps reduce some of the more extreme modes but potentially some more non parallel surfaces internally along with several bracing parts with a small amount of damping material in some specific...
  4. Z

Have a look at previous posts i already discussed this and linked a picture of the proposed box design
  5. Z

Nice, nothing wrong with a bit of old gabber but sadly it doesn't get much play time at the parties i usually go too :( Breakcore is the odd one out of the genres i mentioned and not quite as fast as the others. Haha yep i am indeed old enough to remember the dubstep era, i actually still...
  6. Z

I've had the chance to listen to a few systems currently going around and had a few chats with the owners/builders, Meta Sound (best i've ever heard), Nexus Sound, Sub Temple, Buzz speaker hire's Void Nexus and their new MM-Acoustics rig and some various smaller systems over the years. I've been...
  7. Z

Small-medium sized doofs mostly is the plan ;) But assuming the system is up to the job i wouldn't be against renting it out to more mainstream events.
  8. Z

Thanks, i've been lurking the forums here for a while and the discussion content here is great, i believe there is a lot of value in a more technical scientific approach to loudspeakers. In the end they are just mechanical engineering systems and should be treated objectively as such to a large...
  9. Z

Howdy, recently i've been interested in the idea of building large sealed subwoofers (18" drivers, ~200L) but recently came across some papers which i haven't seen discussed anywhere online showing some complex effects of nonlinear distortions, particular in larger boxes when user with higher...
Top Bottom