Search results

1. jsalk

Capital Audiofest -November 5th to 7th

Just a small clarification. The StreamPlayer is a Core i7 device (may be Core i9 soon). The Raspberry Pi reference was to the small 7" screen that displayed album art and information about the track being played. While it was capable of starting and stopping playback, it was simply monitoring...
  2. jsalk

Salk WoW1 Bookshelf Speaker Review

For those who wondered what that speaker was that I posted, it was a Song3 Encore with the SS9.5 midrange - no passives, no open back midrange. Talking about exotic veneers, over the past 18 years I have noticed a couple of things. For example, spectacular pieces of African waterfall bubinga...
  3. jsalk

Conversion varnish can be shot in a single day (not a single coat). You can sand each coat except the final coat. So there will be a few flaws (dust particles) in the final finish. You can sand these flaws out of lacquer and simply shoot lacquer thinner to "re-melt" the surface. So as a...
  4. jsalk

A number of people commented here on the cost of the speakers and cost of our cabinets. I should probably explain our philosophy. When I began building speakers, someone posted a picture of a pair I built. A few days later, I received an unsolicited email explaining the I was doing things all...
  5. jsalk

There is a great deal of merit to this point of view. But we're not there yet. A number of years ago I got tired of playing CD's at audio shows. So I developed a streaming system to use instead. Since we are primarily a speaker builder, I had no intention of developing this into a product...
  6. jsalk

EchoChamber - Thanks for your thoughts as you obviously took some time to formulate them. I appreciate your perspective. Obviously a company could adopt that business model and be successful. But our business model is a bit different. Let me explain... Do we have too many models? Yes. Is...
  7. jsalk

First off, thanks to Amir for running these tests and conveying his appraisal. We sent these speakers to be evaluated at the request of a customer. While the speakers were intended to be shipped from Amir to the customer after the tests were completed, yesterday we requested that they be...
  8. jsalk

AXPONA 2017: Salk Signature Sound, Wells Audio, EXOGAL, Gingko Audio, Danacable

Xulonn - Thanks for the nice write-up. This is the first time I have posted on this site. But I thought it would be helpful in case anyone had any questions about these or other related topics. When we first began building speakers many years ago, I knew nothing about working with wood...
Top Bottom