Search results

1. ironhorse128

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Sorry to bother you. Thanks in advance. What is the recommended way to trigger an amp with a 3.5mm trigger jack using the minidsp? Can you point me to a good adapter which I can buy in europe?
  2. ironhorse128

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

@VintageFlanker : I really appreciate the effort you put into this forum and this thread.
  3. ironhorse128

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

I bought this NC252MP based amp from audiophonics, which is widthwise a great match for the neohipo. audiophonics-ap300-s250nc The amp costs 549€ and has a great feature set (XLR, RCA, adjustable gain). Amps from audiophonics have been reviewed positively by amir, so the implementation of the...
  4. ironhorse128

JBL 4309 Review (Speaker)

Do it. They are awesome
  5. ironhorse128

This is absurd! The ROON windows app draws about 80 to 90W using my GPU.

The insane Power draw was on my client machine. Not my Server. No I did not solve it. I had to switch the from using the GPU to the iGPU.
  6. ironhorse128

I have not really been able to bring the power consumption down. I stopped using the hdmi port of the GPU and use the hdmi port of my iGPU. This fixed the issue. I can still use the GPU for AI reasearch, the main reason why I have it. Neverthless, I think people should know about the optential...
  7. ironhorse128

Thanks for the feedback. It is strange that my system behaves this way.
  8. ironhorse128

That is really an excellent tip. This should solve the issue. I tried it but it does not to reduce the GPU power draw. My NVidia control center looks a bit different and has different option. I will try to make tinker with this a bit more.
  9. ironhorse128

I was hoping that other users can replicate this behavior and maybe find a fix or workaround. This is just not a normal behavior and nobody would assume that just leaving the roon app open would draw that much power.
  10. ironhorse128

I replicated the shift from high power drown to low power draw 20 times already. It is the roon app. And the reasons seems to be that they implemented the gui using open gl. But did a very poor job doing so.
  11. ironhorse128

You see. Your GPU clocks down and that saves you 20W.
  12. ironhorse128

@Apesbrain: Thanks for the link. This seems to be the issue. Roon uses openGL to render the frontend. I just do not understand what the 50x50 pixels animation is they are talking about. Also my high power draw also occurs when the app is only in the background. But
  13. ironhorse128

@formdissolve: My GPU usage in the task manager is also very low. Still the power draw is high. You need to look at HWiNFO64 or the power draw from the outlet. My roon setup is rather minimal. There is just the HomeAssistant extension. I no not think that this would use the GPU.
  14. ironhorse128

@kakos: Thanks for your feedback. Your GPU is also running at almost full clock (1.425 Mhz) and draws 38 W. The GPU usage in the task manager is also not high at my system (below 1%) but the power draw is still high. What happens to your GPU if you close the roon app?
  15. ironhorse128

@Holdt: Where is this HW acc. toggle in the roon app. I looked twice at all option. In which setting menu? My chrome tabs do not cause any trouble.
  16. ironhorse128

Thanks for your reply's. I have tons of apps open all the time. 50 browser taps, Excel, Word, Intellij IDEA, docker containers, a DB tool, VS Code, PDF reader and so on. None of these programs cause this kind of power draw from the GPU. Look when I am actively working I have 60W. But when...
  17. ironhorse128

I recently noticed that my PC was consuming a significant amount power. I found out that the problem is the roon windows app (not the server, just the windows client), which draws about 80 watts using my GPU. If I close the windows app my computer needs about 60W (measured with Shelly Plug via...
  18. ironhorse128

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

OK. Thanks for your feedback. I guess I will give it a try. There are just things you have to experience once in a lifetime.
  19. ironhorse128

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

Does anybody know if the 4349s would match well with a tube amplifier? I own the 4349s and now I am thinking about buying a push-pull kt88 tube amp but I am not sure if this would really be a good match. Thanks for your advice.
Top Bottom