Search results

1. TheBatsEar

Wharfedale Super Denton

Cool, i hope you'll entertain us with a few pics once you have them. :D
  2. TheBatsEar

Car DSP or AMP

I got it, but the quality is so bad, i have to send it back. This is what it looks like, the grille isn't in it's recessions and rattles, i think this is unacceptable for a sub, it has to be rattle free: There is a nasty scratch on the side, no biggie, but it is there: One of the cracks...
  3. TheBatsEar

Hifi meeting in German language, today at 17:00 Berlin time, in a browser

Once again we have to set the next meeting to next Sunday, as once again nobody has time. I'll update the post next week then.
  4. TheBatsEar

CamillaNode 2

That really looks awesome, i didn't know something like that existed. :cool:
  5. TheBatsEar

What advice you wish you could have given to your younger self or someone new to this hobby?

To my younger self: The Canton Digital 1 is worth it and 30 years ahead of it's time. To people new in the hobby: Get a microphone, get a subwoofer and learn how to EQ your stuff. Your room is 70% of the sound, your speakers are 29% and the rest of your kit is 1%.
  6. TheBatsEar

Monitors that work for you

I wonder if we could let a pair of Genelec 8020 sound like them with some EQ and maybe a 3D printed cover to change the directivity.
  7. TheBatsEar

Wharfedale Super Denton

Not yet, in Europe they are a bit pricey too.
  8. TheBatsEar

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Profit. Both wish to make even more profit. Let's call it extra profit, the best kind of profit. Also the platter can be used as a steering wheel and under the fleece is a button for honking :cool:
  9. TheBatsEar

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Not much to add there. In terms of fidelity it will likely be the same.
  10. TheBatsEar

The Tablet thread

There was one years ago that had a HDMI connector and you could get a Display/Keyboard combo for it. Motorola something? Few month ago i upgraded my PC to what was the latest and greatest then, i7-14700, 4090 VGA card, all the finest. It was very much worth it to me, got me back into gaming...
  11. TheBatsEar

The Tablet thread

I had that same model, it was great, but the CPU was kind of weak in the end. Me too, it's a mystery.
  12. TheBatsEar

The Tablet thread

I got a new tablet recently and wanted to share my experience, but there was no thread, so here is a new one. I have this aging Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Pro. I took it on longer bike tours as a navigation device and it got a bit hot a few times, which apparently seems to have degraded its battery...
  13. TheBatsEar

Aiyima T10

At the combined prices you can almost buy a MiniDSP Flex and have a solution that offers well known good measurements. The Bluetooth input has LDAC, so you get the state of the art there as well. I have the Flex in my hifi system and the Flex HT on my computer for multichannel (Games and video...
  14. TheBatsEar

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Is this some post purchase rationalization? I recently looked into multi channel music and found it to be a niche, at best, maybe even dead. Name five streaming services that offer multichannel. Name one sreaming service i can simply play back on a regular Debian Notebook into a multichannel...
  15. TheBatsEar

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

You don't get the features with a Class D amp in that price region and that is why you buy an amp like this one, not because it's AB or D.
  16. TheBatsEar

Suggestion to a 2.0 or 2.1 system - price range

Depends, if there is DSP inside you probably adjust it using some bluetooth app. If it's just a "dumb" subwoofer, then yes, also a phase adjustment will help. Once you have the stuff, you really need a microphone to get it set up properly. Maybe find friends near you that have one and can help...
  17. TheBatsEar

Suggestion to a 2.0 or 2.1 system - price range

I vote for what @Power Pop 23 suggested, sounds very good value.
  18. TheBatsEar

The Shoutometer

It lacks bit depth, but i think it's pretty practical to teach people what it means to replace an amp that offers a SINAD of 90 vs one that offers 96.
  19. TheBatsEar

Car DSP or AMP

There are few measurements for car stuff, but i wanted to order an active subwoofer to round out the lower end. No need for incredible SPL, so a cheap 10" should do. I ordered this one because it came with a grille, so i don't kill my sub when i put stuff in the boot...
  20. TheBatsEar

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I discovered a rich deposit of hopium and started to mine it.;)