Search results

1. Anton D

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

Yeah! She triggers some strong reactions from certain people, for sure. I guess I'm glad people can care so deeply about her, one way or the other! Kinda like Calvin and Susie. :p
  2. Anton D

Show us your Cars

This is a perfect case of people not being able to reconcile their own subjective beliefs vs. objective data. Autoscience review has spoken: Camry better than Corvette. All the Camry needs is some songs.... "Little Red Camry, baby you're much to fast...." "Long will you run, long will you...
  3. Anton D

Haters gonna hate. I'm not a fan, but really. She did just fine....
  4. Anton D

Maybe in a specific order?
  5. Anton D

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Awesome post, I use the very same phono pre!
  6. Anton D

Do measurements bring satisfaction?

No way to find out.
  7. Anton D

HIGH END Munich 2024

I enjoy your perspective on this!
  8. Anton D

I enjoy seeing how different a speaker, cartridge, cartridge load, or tube can impact the sound. I like differences, so that's a fun part of the hobby. No one else is required to do that and, luckily, only a few movie theater sound types get triggered by that. My Esoteric disc player even has...
  9. Anton D

Kemmler typed faster than I can! I would only change one word here.... "And lastly, I think several people here agree that whether your speakers are technically excellent or not, if you like how they sound, that's what is important." :) All sound is colored by the time it gets processed in...
  10. Anton D

That's quite a tale! Buying into words like "audiophool" and then blaming someone other than oneself for whatever it was that made you feel unhappy is a ill portent for happiness in the hobby. Then, changing from one outside source 'encouraging' you to another new boss telling you how to...
  11. Anton D

What is the deal with expensive HiFi racks?

A good rack can cost a lot of money.
  12. Anton D

I am thinking we need more discipline around here

Have someone hold your beer? :p Purely meant as a guy joke, no ill intent or implication.
  13. Anton D

Replied to give extra likes.
  14. Anton D

Perfect answer.
  15. Anton D

Superphon Revelation Preamp/Phono Stage Vintage Review

I think you would be very pleased. I took one in to Audio Xpert in Las Vegas just to get checked over and the tech was impressed by its measured performance.
  16. Anton D

Call it a computer and today's cost would be 15 dollars. Even in 1980, 399 bucks wasn't exactly a budget buster.
  17. Anton D

I still use and love the Revelation II. Comes with either two discrete volume knobs, or one volume and one balance. They can be had affordably, as well. Obtainable greatness!
  18. Anton D

What is the deal with expensive HiFi racks?

Plus, chicks really dig that look, playa.
  19. Anton D

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

As long as that picture was taken from the closest cocktail lounge, yes.
Top Bottom