Search results

1. N

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

What would it do with Dolby Atmos from streaming services? Ideally looking for 5.1 or 7.1 lpcm
  2. N

Tidal, Disney+ Multichannel (Dolby Atmos/5.1) for HTPC/Pro Audio system with Apple TV + AVR?

Anyone had tidal output Atmos to multi channel (LPCM) from an AppleTV? Netflix, Disney, Prime all do in my setup (vanitypro) but not Tidal.
  3. N

Genelec Home Theater on Digital

Certainly does. And the analogue route is probably more robust, as that's Genelecs choice. My original driver (the above is fantasy shopping and what if) was to have a system capable of critical music listening (no bad AV processor DACs in the chain) mainly stereo, but Atmos if possible, without...
  4. N

Thanks. Unamed boxes are the back of a TV and the genelec 9401 Aoip to aes, for the subs, which aren't Aoip. Genelec flaunted a sub which is at the big show this year, but it's not yet released.
  5. N

So Genelec themselves take analogue outputs from an AVR (thus letting their speakers do A-D-A before playing)
  6. N

Let us know how you get on, if you go that route, not much details around on folk who have. Imagine it's mostly custom installers...
  7. N

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Genelec-9401A-System-Management-Device-for-AoIP/63EX?origin=product-ads&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwrcKxBhBMEiwAIVF8rIIMFR0gc6F8MZ3P1k-8ihbrTvBtlV7EEJdxiK7w0PmQW-m2oqh2CxoCiI8QAvD_BwE
  8. N

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Was never quite satisfied with my centre stand and nothing Genelecs do fitted, so I've customised some common MDF Amazon (from china) speaker stands. Had to cover the centre post in vinyl as black wasn't available. I also cut the top plate to match the isopod size better and wrapped that. Best...
  9. N

Yes plus side with dp562, though I may have been wrong, it's the 563 that's the encoder, a separate box. I nearly went your route, in fact did with a tone winner processor for a bit, but figured I'd "live" with 7.1 as best it can sound, over 7.2.4 ability.
  10. N

I'll concede! Apple tv4k -> hdmi audio stripper -> spdif to XLR/aes convertor (or cable with different ends if impedance works) -> DP562 -> multiple DACs... Should work. Some gripes which probably don't warrant the uplift in cost... 5.1 not 7.1 Aesthetics (it's a big ugly box) Reliability...
  11. N

I'd buy mine again in a heart beat. I keep an eye out for alternatives. I've 5.1 digital input (XLR AES) genelecs (and a stereo DAC and 2 non digital genelecs for very occasional 7.1) and haven't seen or heard a better way of feeding them.
  12. N

So it/they can't be used with well reviewed higher performant DACs for 5.1, only 2.0. Making the vanity pro cheap amongst it's peers for the purpose of best quality digital to analogue multi channels
  13. N

Like the red circle:) But presumably the output is optical or RCA spdif, which a home cinema receiver or processor, with notably poor DACs and implementation, could decode the DD5.1, but this little box isn't outputting 3 lots of 2.0 (5.1) for dedicated 6 channels of DACs (Digital speakers, 3...
  14. N

Unless you choose digital, powered speakers that come with their own room adjustment system, then technically it's not an addition (but likely and add on cost).
  15. N

Post in thread 'Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audiopraise-vanitypro-review-hdmi-audio-extractor.30440/post-1397910 I've since got 8331s for surrounds and an HDMI switch for toggling between the Roon server and Apple...
  16. N

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audiopraise-vanitypro-review-hdmi-audio-extractor.30440/
  17. N

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Where did you get the white stands? I couldn't find them when I was looking. Great set up btw
Top Bottom