Search results

1. Ageve

B&W 804S quasi-anechoic measurements

Equipment used: REW v5.30.5 (mac) Calibrated UMIK-2 Playback: Asus Essence ST PCI soundcard (using ASIO in Foobar 2000, 24/48). Marantz SR-7013 (analog 7.1ch in (front), pure direct to avoid the slow/poor DAC filter). I started by measuring at tweeter axis (50cm): To make sure the distance...
  2. Ageve

Dali Zensor 1/AX quasi-anechoic measurements

Here are some measurements of the Dali Zensor 1/AX. The amplifier is located in the left speaker, and the right one is passive. Equipment/settings used: REW v5.30.5 (mac) Calibrated UMIK-2 Active speaker connected to my Windows PC (Toslink, 24-bit, 48 kHz). I started by measuring the right...
  3. Ageve

Audio Pro Addon T14 quasi-anechoic measurements

Here's the vertical directivity below tweeter axis. I'll update the rest tomorrow. :) (1/6 smoothing)
  4. Ageve

Thanks. I'm still learning how to use REW. ;) Does this look ok?
  5. Ageve

Here are some measurements of the Audio Pro Addon T14 active speaker. The only "review" I could find was this one (What Hi-fi :rolleyes:): https://www.whathifi.com/audio-pro/addon-t14/review Equipment/settings used: Calibrated UMIK-2 REW v5.30.5 (mac) 48 kHz 24-bit sweep (256k, 5.5s...
  6. Ageve

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Triangle Esprit Australe EZ: https://audio.com.pl/testy/stereo/kolumny-glosnikowe/3403-triangle-esprit-australe-ez#laboratory
  7. Ageve

A Call For Humor!

8. Ageve

A Call For Humor!

9. Ageve

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Thank you for the excellent guide. I know it's less accurate when the speaker is placed close to walls or other speakers, but these results are still quite good. My Revel C426Be stays within +/- 2dB up to 16 kHz. Sorry for the funny looking rugs. I used them to dampen the floor bounce. I'm...
  10. Ageve

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Is it Ferrari white?
  11. Ageve

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I have a feeling it will end like this:
  12. Ageve

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

edit: Please don't sue me.
  13. Ageve

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I don’t have to put them in my room, as I already own a pair of F208. ;) My brother has both KEF R5 and F208. He used to be happy with R5 until he listened to my speakers. This was measured in my untreated living room, at listening position (4m from the left speaker). The mic was pointing...
  14. Ageve

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

F206: F208: Both are excellent. When it comes to subjective opinions, I have compared F208 and KEF R5 several times, and I think I know why some may find the KEF R series more appealing at first. The F208 is a more dynamic speaker, while the R5 sounds nice and ”polite” but a bit compressed...
  15. Ageve

A Call For Humor!

16. Ageve

A Call For Humor!

17. Ageve

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I guess Eric will have to sue Stereophile / John Atkinson, even though he only measured the vertical response of the Tekton Moab Be down to 10 degrees below axis: https://www.stereophile.com/content/tekton-moab-be-loudspeaker-measurements...
  18. Ageve

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

From the Stereophile review: We don't measure or aim for a certain target in-room response. We're not tuning to a 'curve.' We develop the best engineering platform we can, and then we tune it so that we, as a group, can forget that we're listening to a pair of speakers and just get on with...
  19. Ageve

Measurement: The effect of a slow DAC filter on speaker distortion? (Marantz SR-7013, Revel C426Be)

I did a few preout measurements today. Soundcard: Asus Essence ST PCI (ASIO 24-bit 96 kHz) I used a 96 kHz 0-40000 Hz sweep and downsampled it for the 48 kHz test (to get 20 kHz bandwidth for the distortion measurements). Perhaps there's a better way to do it, but it didn't cause any issues...
  20. Ageve

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Another DAC with a slow filter… This is what a recording of the speaker output looks like (48 kHz REW sweep, 0-20000 Hz, recorded at 192 kHz). Marantz SR-7013: A proper filter as a comparison (Denon AVR-4306):
Top Bottom