Search results

1. A

Thinking of building 7" wide mini-towers with 106 db/w sensitivity

I'm thinking of building a pair of 7" wide mini-towers with a sensitivity of 106 db/w, using the following drivers (chosen for their smooth frequency response): 4x Lavoce FSF041.00 4" full-range drivers (88 db/w) 1x Lavoce DF10.142LM 1" compression driver (106 db/w) 1x Lavoce HD1004 horn (1200...
  2. A

Using Behringer DI4800a as a line-level converter

My Denon X2500h doesn't have pre-outs, and I thought using a DI box (in my case a Behringer DI4800A) might be a good idea to convert the speaker level output to line level. I know the conversion can be done by other means, but the convenience of using an active DI box for connections and the...
  3. A

Adding pre outs to Denon X2500H

I have a Denon X2500H, and I'd like to add pre outs, so I examined the the service manuals for Denon X2400H and X2500H, and it looks like the 13 pin ribbon cable (CP401) coming from the input board (on the left side in the first image) to the amp board is an easy place to route the signal to get...
  4. A

Making a KEF LS50 Clone

KEF makes some of the best coaxial speakers in the market, and they use the same driver platform in all their speakers ranging from the entry-level Q series to all the way up to Blade. The drivers in their higher end speakers usually have stronger motors and better crossovers, but the higher...
  5. A

Three Power Amp Fan Mods

I use pro audio power amps in my home theater. They provide tons of power for little money. There is one major downside though. Most models feature noisy fans, and for a good reason – pro audio power amps are often run at their limits, and many manufacturers prefer to err on the side of caution...
Top Bottom