Search results

1. T

SMSL T2 MQA CD Transport from the VMV series new at the High End trade fair

i find it funny how all these various decks use the lid of a rice cooker for the clamping mechanism also the styling is all out of Boogie Nights... Buck Swope Come Inside Us
  2. T

Stellar Blade OST on Youtube

i dont know how much blowback i'm going to get for this Stellar Blade is a type of game I would never play... its a very fan service hack n slash game where a female character you play goes thru a dystopian landscape... well trodden territory like Bayonetta and the Horizon Zero Dawn series...
  3. T

"4 Ohm vs 8 Ohm: Which is better for audio?"

its hard to discuss given people have not defined 'better' but i mean in this modern age where every amp can do 4 ohms and power is higher then why not go with 4 ohms BUT... its a bit of a moot point because do we buy speakers based largely on 4 or 8 ohm load? i think a lot of us buy amps...
  4. T

Shogun

https://deadline.com/2024/05/hiroyuki-sanada-deal-shogun-renewed-season-2-fx-emmys-drama-1235911076/
  5. T

SMSL DS100

also they are doing the DL100 which is probably the same architecture ie. i bet they are slab copying some of the schematics https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsls-new-products-dl100-dac.54119/ this one should like $149 given its in the shell of the DL200 so more features
  6. T

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

i think realisstically the current crop of non pffb units with the 48v 5a psu will pretty much work well with most peoples' setups personally for me i'd rather wait until pffb stereo xlr units come into mainstream volume like the A70 but not at A70 prices... to me getting close to $200 is them...
  7. T

A millennial's rant on classical music

i'm not a millenial but i probably have their same attention span one of my favorite pieces was Holst Planets and Vivaldi's Four Seasons - the reason is pretty clear there's a distinct 'chapters' and each chapter is different but same same and so you can listen to the lot and not feel like...
  8. T

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

most of the speakers i own have good bass response... i mean that's what we care about the speakers i'm testing now are 6.5" and with the typical DEEP cabinet design you get very good bass response and i found these to be not well integrated with a subwoofer you can sort of control it by...
  9. T

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

there's no ,main speaker cutoff i dont think anyone does this in stereo units except for high end stuff like NAD M33s and the like and of course, home theater units. i keep saying this is one of my main beefs with most manufacturers i was only able to get good 2.1 integration if i chose my...
  10. T

SMSL DS100

i again question why this product exists and why other products FROM THE SAME COMPANY cant do a cheaper and more fully feautered job this unit lacks bluetooth as well also its not a 'portable music player' at all its neither portable nor can it play music by itself
  11. T

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

dave jones lives in syd, north west now so... i also saw the suzi and suzi pre and thought.... what is the utter lego nonsense???
  12. T

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

i think the vidar is basically... a quasi computer in that we know this company likes to sneak in microprocessors and so any repair is basically a board swapping game... if you can get a complete spare board but yeah i get it... like even if the amp is pure analog you need to find someone...
  13. T

Singxer’s new flagship power amplifier

missed this one first time i guess at least $999 a pair? but it goes to show how little people care about A/B these days? assuming these are a/b? also no trigger
  14. T

didnt aiyima increase those from 50 to 63v on the advice of this place?
  15. T

i appreciate they went to the bother of getting this chart out 42v (?) 5a does 95w 8 ohm so possibly as 80w unit at 48v 5a?
  16. T

under $65 with a 48v psu https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006082895467.html i'm guessing they made too many MAX units (just like Boeing?) and have birthing issues with the A70 but still... that's a lot of amp for little money
  17. T

Bricks List: 36V & 48V Power Supplies (for Fosi, Aiyima etc.)

yeah i but i remember i asked about using lab psus... like it doesnt matter if they are a bit ugly and fiddly.... you can get good ones for $100 usd but few people seem to want a lab psu in their setup BUT... i mean for 99% of us the 48v 5a is just fine??? eg...
  18. T

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

well there's people who like hifi but just want to hit the i/o button and let things go they dont want to know whats in a speaker, whats in an amp etc. - i get that then there's the people here who may accept the challenging aesthetics and want to know some of the ins and outs i also would...
  19. T

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

i feel like DIY would barely exist if the trad manufacturers were producing identically charting products for a similar price... let's just say Mechano23's BOM + profit... eg. 25% (being generous) but we arent there? these are $300 usd? and so why arent we seeing comparable finished products...
  20. T

We need another spicy review thread now that the Tekton furore has died down….

i personally dont think this 'sport' needs drama... its the old maxim... this site doesnt need to exist if parties were honest and 'showed their working' like in primary school in fact this should a boring activity manufacturer shows their charts 3rd parties confirm and you buy the product...
Top Bottom