Search results

1. antcollinet

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

I'm using the binom.inv function as outlined by Amir here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/statistics-of-abx-testing.170/ And not being exceptionally precise on the exact value for p:
  2. antcollinet

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Yes. You are only going to need to average 1 or 2 watts with such speakers.:
  3. antcollinet

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Utterly pointless. The flex is already audibly transparent - at least in any way that could be influenced by the PSU. You cannot make it "more audibly transparent" you are wasting your time even thinking about this stuff.
  4. antcollinet

Looking at it another way. With only 10 trials, you only need 80% success for p=0.05 If you want to relax that down to 75% success, you only need to go to 12 trials, and get 9 right. Personaly though with the very high probability of the null hypothesis being correct, I'd be looking for a...
  5. antcollinet

This is well known, well understood, and not disputed. For example, here are the filter options for a typical DAC. See all those slow ones that roll off before 20KHz, and the ones that don't attenuate properly beyond 24KHz - they all have the possibility to cause audible differences for people...
  6. antcollinet

Bi-amp front speakers with receiver (internal) and external integrated amp?

I don't think that was me. Still not me. But it seems it is you.
  7. antcollinet

Bi-amp front speakers with receiver (internal) and external integrated amp?

No, they are doing it for the very valid reason that they can persuade people who don't know any better, to pay more for it. Or, more charitably, because they know that people who don't know any better won't buy their product if they don't.
  8. antcollinet

HIGH END Munich 2024

We've had this discussion before. I've just watched some of the video, and I still don't get it. :confused: The sound quality I hear is not as good as when I am playing music sourced on my system. If I believed I was hearing the true quality of those speakers, I wouldn't even pay £200 for them...
  9. antcollinet

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Well, he's certainly got us talking about him. Mission accomplished.
  10. antcollinet

WiiM Ultra

The graphics hardware for an LCD display is typically built into the display module itself. You don't sent it video signals, you send it data telling it what to draw on the display.
  11. antcollinet

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I agree. But I apply that mainly to the enjoyment of music. The way music can stir our emotions, the way it can energise us. Make us dance, fill us with joy one second, and make us cry the next..... and so on and so on. That is all the irrationality I need in our hobby. I don't need any such...
  12. antcollinet

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

What about a 20KHz sine wave? In the time domain that is going from maximum positive voltage to maximum negative voltage and then back again 20,000 times per second. For a relatively puny 50W that translates to a slew rate of around 7V per microsecond. That is in no way static. Just how...
  13. antcollinet

In audio, when it comes to imperfections, there is only Frequency Response Distortion (of various types) Noise. We can measure all of these far more precisely than our ears are able to detect. When they all measure below the established thresholds of audibility for all humans, the output of...
  14. antcollinet

Here is a test where you can test your own ability to hear distortion. Try it - you'll probably be surprised at how little gold your hearing has. https://www.klippel.de/listeningtest/ From the results there, most people who have done the test, are not able to hear distortion lower than about...
  15. antcollinet

Replacing The Manufacture’s Jumper Bar

All of which is irrelevant. The impedance of the jumpers between your speaker terminals is way too low to make any audible difference to the sound. This is true if they are made from copper - or brass - gold plated unobtanium - wire woven from the hairs of a unicorns mane, or even stamped sheet...
  16. antcollinet

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

This might be an assumption too far. PC motherboards/CPU sockets are designed to make this pretty foolproof, with standardised, well engineered, robust, and tightly toleranced fixing methods for the heatsink down to the CPU. The same does not apply to TPAchip amp based designs. The clamping...
  17. antcollinet

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

The only mistake that was made was the OP not clearly stating what he meant the thread to be (if indeed he meant it to be what you claim he meant). There are many threads here on a technical forum, created by people with a technical background that are not exclusively intended for technical...
  18. antcollinet

No, we don't. Which is why I said: Which holds true even if it
  19. antcollinet

I meant - Is your belief founded on a blind test you have performed?
Top Bottom