Search results

1. Multicore

Unpopular Opinions in Music

Emil Beaulieau: America's Greatest Living Noise Artist I think it's true and probably not a popular opinion.
  2. Multicore

What speakers do you currently own?

Mains? I don't have any. We've got a bunch of speakers, like a Bose Soundlink Mini II and a Tribit Storm Box 2 but no main monitors.
  3. Multicore

Important: Another Wave of Account Hacks

The software that uses the cipher is the tricky part, not the cipher itself.
  4. Multicore

We can argue over these details in another topic but everything depends on correctness of the specific implementation in its every detail. I lost trust in Lastpass after their latest embarrassment and what it revealed about their implementation and switched to KeePass. The main message I want to...
  5. Multicore

That's a better implementation than LastPass, which, it turned out, only encrypted certain database fields on it's servers.
  6. Multicore

The difference between these two is important. With KeePass you keep your encrypted password database yourself. With Lastpass and any other cloud-based service like that you give your passwords to the cloud service for them to keep in their database, so you rely on the service provider to...
  7. Multicore

That's common. When you give a password to a web site, you don't know they store it. News stories used to be common that a big hack got dumped on the dark web with millions of usernames and passwords but I guess those new stories got boring so I don't see them any more but I doubt the hacks are...
  8. Multicore

Wanting both a second factor and indefinite cookie login seems weird to me. I use 2fa only for services where I allow only session cookies and when I close the tab, the cookie is deleted. Be it computers and networks or anything else, real security is never convenient.
  9. Multicore

I agree. And by "real password" I would mean long and random, which makes the password impossible to guess. The password manager (I use KeePass) means you can have a unique long random password for every account, i.e. no sharing. So that means if a password for one account somewhere gets stolen...
  10. Multicore

Yuja Wang - The Vienna Recital: a hole in the spectrum! (Comparison between stereo and Dolby Atmos)

Unfortunately this filter isn't tuned quite right to notch out my tinnitus;> I listened to the Ligeti. Wow. Thanks for drawing attention to it. You said it was recorded during a recital. Does that mean live recording? So stage lighting?
  11. Multicore

Reviewers should have their hearing tested and post results

i avoid training my hearing. i don't want to be a golden-eared audiophile. that would be terrible. i am content to be a cloth-eared music lover.
  12. Multicore

Where was this? I mean, in what country are no longer able to drink many beers?
  13. Multicore

Objective testing of reviewers so that our choice of reviewers can be more scientifically informed. Sounds good. No wait, ... the other thing.
  14. Multicore

What book are you reading?

The Great Psychic Outdoors - Lo-Fi Music and Escaping Capitalism by Enrico Monacelli I recommend that you read it and then explain it to me. The author helpfully put together this playlist...
  15. Multicore

Excellent CD Masters

Robert Fripp – Washington Square Church https://www.discogs.com/master/2664728-Robert-Fripp-Washington-Square-Church
  16. Multicore

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

So, judging by those statements, not me. I'll continue as The Pragmatic Antiaudiophile.
  17. Multicore

Budget speakers to bring new life to old system?

Yeah. I wish I could say the same of myself.
  18. Multicore

Unpopular Opinions in Music

I think Pat Finnerty already won this game.
  19. Multicore

The first (1959) synthetic drum machine: Wurlitzer Sideman

Makes me wonder what sort of continuity there was, if any, in the expansive multi-disciplinary engineering and artistry of organ building before and after the introduction of electricity.
  20. Multicore

The first (1959) synthetic drum machine: Wurlitzer Sideman

There are a number of way more annoying youtubes demoing the Wurlitzer Sideman than this one. What impresses me about this is the quality of the sound. It's really good. And the vintage electronic wiring inside is something to behold. Note the concentric speakers. Unfortunately the video...
Top Bottom