Search results

1. misterdog

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Just bought a pair, they are awesome - Thanks @amirm. I have tricked out Quad 989 ESL's fed from Benchmark AHB2, with 2x 12" subs fed from MiniDSP plate amp, the sound from these IEM's is in some respects better. There must be some 5% THD on the sub drivers (though strangely the manufacturers...
  2. misterdog

Warm water in the ear, (shower) softens wax, soap /shampoo dissolves wax, rinse repeat several times = no wax problem.
  3. misterdog

I'm disappointed that my hearing at age 64 is not what it was at age 17. EQ can provide horses for courses.
  4. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

So this additional tweeter, with yet another crossover (so three in total). airLayer feature High grade, silk ring-dome tweeter mounted on outboard side of each speaker Adjustable level from off to overly loud Its sound is reflected from each near side wall 2nd order crossover at 2 kHz When...
  5. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

'Progress' is an interesting philosophical concept. My analogue replay system cost 30 times that of my digital replay system, it incorporates the RIAA system which I could choose to alter by changing a few resistors and capacitors, to suit 'my personal preference'. I choose to listen to the...
  6. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

These are the 'Objective' quotes from your eventually posted scientific facts from the loudspeakers you claim 'might work' With no mention of the distortion from the attached 2 woofers and side firing tweeter. Or the effect of the second crossover which turns off half of the Electrostatic...
  7. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Or you could just be living on fantasy island.
  8. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Anyway I'm bowing out of this informed scientific debate, because I have a dream. The kick bass drum, appears to me to be too large to carry about easily. My vision is to create the sound of the kick bass drum, But in the the size of a saucepan. In the same way that some see that an ESL...
  9. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Maybe just choose to use amps and DAC's where crosstalk is minimalised, rather than chose to use some software to 'Hopefully' correct a problem you have created. Just a thought. This is an objective forum where ' I think, and I assume' count for nothing, unless backed up with scientific...
  10. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Neither has he presented any science based fact for the speakers he claims 'might work'. Merely linking to a website with no measured facts. Whilst constantly claiming that this is an objective based forum and that only the facts count.
  11. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Is this the 'data' to which you refer ? From the link you posted - https://janszenaudio.com/ I see no measured data on that site at all, merely marketing bullshit. Justdafactsmaam said: Do you have any data? This is supposed to be a science based audio forum.
  12. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

You will be advocating 'special' mains power leads and loudspeaker cable lifter's next. Justdafactsmaam said: Do you have any data? This is supposed to be a science based audio forum.
  13. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

I've provided the data from the Quads. Where is any data from the Jantzens, other the the crossover point. Or your. how might that help ? Is that like a DAC where you can add more distortion because you think it sounds better and the artist forgot to include it ?
  14. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

So here is the measured data from the Quad 989. https://www.stereophile.com/content/quad-esl-989-electrostatic-loudspeaker-measurements When you can present any data from the Jantzen's, other than Or Then maybe an objective discussion may be had. Until then you just sound like a...
  15. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Peter Walker was a genius not a fool. His white papers on the design are available still from the 1950's Wireless World magazine. If he could have 'got away' with building a speaker with one panel he would not have produced the 63 with four panels and the 989 with six panels. Do you think he...
  16. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

They have a box for a magnetically driven woofer. They have a crossover to control the signal between panel and woofer. They have small panels. It's marketing hype trying to sell the magic of panels in a small form factor to the 'audiophile' market. I had Martin Logan Electromotion speakers...
  17. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Hence why they invented electrostatic headphones :)
  18. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

But they do, there is a very thin mesh on the rear stators of all > 63 panels..
  19. misterdog

Electrostatic speakers?

Though what of the distortion from magnetic drivers in speakers from ' good conventional speakers which don't cost a lot' We all love distortion ? Assuming your 'box' induces no colouration and your crossover is somehow flawless in integrating your 2/3 or 4 different drive units.
Top Bottom