Search results

1. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

After all the incredible and super expensive "items", this feels relieving. Another DIY speaker, simple and pretty. 12" ScanSpeak woofer and Seas mid & high drivers, about €2500. I'd probably make it fully active, if it was mine :).
  2. D

Bi-amp front speakers with receiver (internal) and external integrated amp?

Obviously people need education on bi-amping properly, thanks for the write-up :)! People, read this and get it right :)! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/bi-amping-101.22817/
  3. D

New Fosi Audio V3 Mono vs Topping PA5 II vs Topping PA7 (inc. 'Plus' versions)...and Aiyima A70

For me... Fosi - no gain control is a drawback when gain staging. Having two powersupplies is more messy. No local dealer/warranty. Aiyima - also no local dealer and no local warranty. Not the best performer, on paper (but probably good enough). Topping has gain control and a friendly local...
  4. D

Sigberg Audio Inkognito Generation 2

Also, I'd limit myself to artificial flowers, watering accidents can happen...(!)
  5. D

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Looks like you're making progress :). Did you remeasure any of the initial speakers to compare vs indoors results?
  6. D

Sigberg Audio Manta Cardioid active speakers: Full measurements (Spinorama)

Thanks, I will - any colour will do :D. But the white looks great, I could easily get used to those :).
  7. D

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

Here's the original image, posted by the owner, from his home: https://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/threads/kiss-keep-it-simple-stupid.98832/post-3086487 There's a few more images in the thread, for alternate exposures :).
  8. D

Sigberg Audio Manta Cardioid active speakers: Full measurements (Spinorama)

Interesting, do you have these in demo somewhere near Oslo? Not that I have the cash, just curious to hear them :).
  9. D

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Using two. Several ways to handle balance.
  10. D

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I would like a gain control like e.g. the Topping P5 has. Using them in a active system, a volume knob is useful. Otherwise, awsome :). Historically it was not uncommon to include gain control on power amps, often pr. channel, like my old Kenwood L-1000M. This is useful for gain staging and...
  11. D

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

Some designs become timeless, when done properly you can't improve them much. The DCW is well tested over time, and works really well. DCW vs coaxial can be a matter of preference, and hearing both together the way to compare them. The W371 has a 15", so has 1238a ;). Have to agree with...
  12. D

Measuring in a room is difficult, so your measurements shows a lot of room modes and reflections. I'm no expert, so can't advice much, but eliminating the room by going outside is a good method, if you can. In general, consistency in levels, angles and distances is important. Moving the mic a...
  13. D

Manually normalized at 400Hz, it seemed natural...
  14. D

Klein & Hummel O96. These were used by the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp. from around mid 1980s.
  15. D

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I'm trying hard not to agree with you, since the R3s I own look very, very nice. Due to all the Blade 2/R11 Meta talk lately, I brought them out of storage for retrials. But, next to Genelec and JBL, the R3 does sound a bit muffled and closed - mids and highs are sadly lacking. I'm still looking...
  16. D

Review and Teardown of Douk audio MC103 PRO switch

Nice, just what i needed. With a Mackie Big Knob passive, I can switch between 4 monitor sets and have volume control :).
  17. D

Modifications to Elac Uni-Fi Reference UBR62 Bookshelf Speakers

Thanks - I didn't know about that either, I thought 4 pole was max :).
  18. D

Thanks. I use 2,5mm2 wires, so SA28 should be just right :).
  19. D

Nice, fully active is another level :). I'm converting my 4-way JBL250Ti's, one speaker is ready while I'm waiting for parts for the second (currently bi-amped). I'm considering 2x speakon, but one 8-pin is even cleaner. What do you call that connector? Dagfinn
  20. D

Well, you're right, they can look very busy :(. 8260a is nice :cool:.
Top Bottom