Search results

1. Count Dacula

Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter has a cute office system

I already have this in my clipboard, so I'm sharing it here https://www.soundonsound.com/people/recording-random-access-memories-daft-punk
  2. Count Dacula

Sound on Sound->Recording Random Access Memories | Daft Punk Peter Franco & Mick Guzauski

I dunno if people saw this, but it's a great article, and informative.... https://www.soundonsound.com/people/recording-random-access-memories-daft-punk
  3. Count Dacula

Kraft Punk

Been a fan since Homework, and saw them in 1997...it was crazy. Obviously on the cutting edge with production, recording and songwriting.... I thought I'd post my new favorite jam Also, bring Life Back to Music...R_A_M Excellent read...
  4. Count Dacula

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Right. if someone inherited this type of unit from their cool uncle, it would be a total keeper. Fire it up and rock out to some nasty hobgoblin tunes on a turntable....who cares how it really sounds? However buying a (expensive) new-old "replica" type thing in 2022 is absurd. It's...
  5. Count Dacula

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

A black box has a mystique all of it's own.
  6. Count Dacula

Budget speakers to bring new life to old system?

If it came down to it, the Yamaha RS 202 and 303 have gobs of power dirt cheap in AB design, with the classic form factor of a receiver. I'm not sure a bench test is a definitive guide to amps of the 1990s receiver era. I just retired that Sony ES that came busted from the box, I could not get...
  7. Count Dacula

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

ETA if Nakamichi suddenly started selling killer D Class amps, people would buy them just for the name. X11 for Carver, but you guys blew it, excuse the pun. (so did Nakamichi, lol)
  8. Count Dacula

Ya know, I don't want to treat this thread like an open mic, but... I started doing a little more audio around the house, and my wife of 25 years noticed and said, all she remembers from her youth in private school was "Carver" (amps). I tended to agree with her, and didn't give it a second...
  9. Count Dacula

Wait, what am I listening for...?
  10. Count Dacula

I'm pretty sure that's not binding or valid beyond 30 days from purchase, but if so, I would take the money and RUN!
  11. Count Dacula

The state of lossy audio in 2022.

MP3 is even marginal in the car.
  12. Count Dacula

Budget speakers to bring new life to old system?

It would be fun to try a different amp on your existing speakers. This would allow you to "ear" the upgraded amp in a familiar way. I'm only saying because if you compare the old JVC to a modern $100 to $150 amp, there's no way you would want the JVC with the new speakers anyway. That's a...
  13. Count Dacula

Focal Chora 816 Speaker Review

I want these. My Q350's cones are coming apart. I have a few full-sized towers, but no room for them in my, umm...bedroom/office. I can toss the Q350s after a short 7.5 years. Maybe I can lose the dual subs in here too. Two subs do make nice speaker stands, but the beauty of towers is partly...
  14. Count Dacula

What electronic audio products you want tested most

How about electrostatic speakers? I dont' remember seeing them reviewed.
  15. Count Dacula

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Generally, amps and DACs are settled science. Speakers, going forward, are essentially the weakest link with the most subjective do-do.
  16. Count Dacula

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

My W111s :cool: Far from obsolete.
  17. Count Dacula

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Now we're way off-topic. I guess we would say, "Fins are Cool!"
Top Bottom