Search results

1. nerdemoji

Tech Reviewer: Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies?

Prominent tech reviewer Marques Brownlee just posted this video: Summary (if you didn't watch): Rhetorically asks if bad reviews kill companies. or do bad products kill companies YouTuber brings up the two most notable personal examples the Fisker car and a recent Humane Pin (or something...
  2. nerdemoji

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

so apparently PS Audio sent in their aspen FR10 for review from Erin's Audio Corner. https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxzFHaw2CQ8KEnBTmHG5As1LK1iOh9uCdG I really don't know what to think...
  3. nerdemoji

A New EQ Strategy (Theory) for good personalized sound quality

Skip to the bolded text if you don’t care about the story. Before I learned about audio science, I got the AirPod Max and thought that they were the pinnacle of sound quality (actually there was a recent study that showed they had preference very close to Harman 2018). When I learned some...
  4. nerdemoji

"95% of people get THIS wrong about Studio Monitors"

This guy explains that having a dedicated mid-range is better and "less forgiving" in mixing contexts and that crossovers create "holes" in the sound. Thoughts?
  5. nerdemoji

Headphone User gets a Speaker Desktop Setup (Story Time)

It’s a story if you care to read it: I have been using the AirPods Max and my listening device for a while now, and then got EQ a few months ago when I found this site. I wasn’t happy with the treble response even after EQ: the drums sounded weird and there were crazy peaks(7khz and 15kz) and...
  6. nerdemoji

AM Radio design improvements

This is a working AM radio design, assuming it has been transcribed correctly. Any ideas for improving the sound output level?
  7. nerdemoji

What are the ugliest headphones in your opinion?

We've seen ugly components, ugly speakers, and certainly ugly frequency responses. What are some ugly looking headphones? example (they look silly on anyone's head)
  8. nerdemoji

Conducting Audio Research on High School Students?

Hello guys. I am actually a high schools student and I have a class where we will conduct research over the course of the school year on a topic of our choice. This means that I can conduct a study with high schools students as the subject of this study. The reason I am posting this here is...
  9. nerdemoji

Is there really any advantage to planar magnetics or electrostats?

I have read up some things about them now and I am really wondering whether planar magnetics (or electrostats) are better than dynamic drivers. Due to their exotic nature, planars and stats are more FR varied between Left and Right Channels as well as having more variation between different...
  10. nerdemoji

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Apparently SMSL has a new product called the DL200 that is selling on AliExpress for 190 USD shipped. I thought that the C200 was ridiculous value but this seems... even better, its got apparently twice the HPA power, newer chip, bigger display, and basically all the technical specs you you...
  11. nerdemoji

Equalizer APO GUI software

Simple question: What is the best GUI for Equalizer APO or does it not matter?
  12. nerdemoji

Powering the DCA Aeon

Hello guys I'm new here and I don't know too much about this stuff. I am looking to go from tidal on a computer to some variant of the DCA Aeon. Also, I listen to metal so I like to play fairly loud music. I understand that the DCA Aeon is very power hungry but I don't know how much I will need...
Top Bottom