Search results

1. K

Volume Control / Dirac / DAC Timing

Very Interesting.. Variable meaning even If I had 2 Ares DACS the timing could be out.
  2. K

Are you thinking at some point the volume will max out due to a glitch? If so what kind of fail-safe options are there for this? Thanks in advance.
  3. K

Thanks for your feedback. First 2 responses confirm no issue with volume control at the SHD which is great to hear. Back to the timing question - I understand the digital signal to both DACS would be timed correctly by the SHD, however I wonder if the 2 dacs are not the same will there be any...
  4. K

Good Day, Looking for some feedback on the below 2 option's. Mainly on the volume control in the digital domain vs analog. Also any feedback on timing issues between DAC's on option 1. Pros and Cons to both options - all feedback welcomed.
  5. K

KEF R3 Meta - My Experience

Thanks again for all your help! Will spend the night listening. First few tracks in and most of the shoutiness and ugly sound is gone! a lot leaner sound now but I'm sure I can try and move the speakers closer to the wall to get some of that low end back - which I'm guessing would trigger...
  6. K

10-4! Below is with loudness turned down to get the mid 70db at 1khz. I will do some listening and report back. Really appreciate your time!!
  7. K

Below is the bass at +2. Not sure I understand the second part. are you wanting me to adjust the loudness knob in some way?
  8. K

All measurements entered, however the -17.3 gain was above the max -12 allowed
  9. K

OK good thats what I did. The REW data I sent is correct
  10. K

Also just to clarify - the balance L-1 = turn balance knob to the right adding re to the right speaker or turn it to the left?
  11. K

OK - So I re-did all the measurements for a new baseline and then made the adjustments above - See below. I tried to attach the REW file but the forum wont allow that format. Looks like they measured much different from the last time - I have not changed a thing other then using a different...
  12. K

I have your instructions jotted down and will run the tests ASAP. Work long shifts so likely wont get to it until Saturday. Bear with me my friend.
  13. K

I should clarify the dB levels I have been taking are simply off an app from my phone so they may be out to lunch. I did notice when I was using the DSP UMIK-1 mic and setting up REW pink noise to 77db (i believe) I was shocked how loud 77db was compared to listening to music and what my phone...
  14. K

I have not, but the Linton Heritage and the Polk R700 was on my short list but went with the R3.
  15. K

Agree - I tried the expensive DAC thing and probably won't realize the benefits of it until I get the room issues corrected. Would you suggest new amp with Dirac etc. or the "Real EQ" or both? What would be a good EQ product? Acoustic treatment has been designed by GIK but I have not pulled the...
  16. K

Thanks Frank. The tests were done Grills off, and I take them off when listening.
  17. K

Below was my reply to Steve. "Appreciate this as I may be wrong in the 95-105dB. I should clarify the dB levels I have been taking are simply off an app from my phone so they may be out to lunch. I did notice when I was using the DSP UMIK-1 mic and setting up REW pink noise to 77db (i believe)...
  18. K

Appreciate this as I may be wrong in the 95-105dB. I should clarify the dB levels I have been taking are simply off an app from my phone so they may be out to lunch. I did notice when I was using the DSP UMIK-1 mic and setting up REW pink noise to 77db (i believe) I was shocked how loud 77db was...
Top Bottom