Search results

1. L

High-pitched speaker noise from ground loop?

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get around to doing some more testing before last night, but I did discover a few things. I wasn't able to completely separate all the cables, but I did redo most of my cable management last night. Power cables are now routed separately from video/audio...
  2. L

I only had time for a quick test with the TOSLINK cable last night, but using it to connect my PC to my Fiio, I no longer get any noise at even the highest turn of the volume knob when AUX input (the RCA ports connected to the FIIO line-out) is selected on the NAD. When I select video (RCA ports...
  3. L

There's a TOSLINK cable waiting for me when I get home from work, so let's see what kind of effect replacing one of the electrical links in the chain with an optical one will have :D At this point I think I'm as invested in understanding what the hell is going on as actually solving the issue...
  4. L

There's recently been an unexpected development, so I decided to write a little update on my issue. I bought a used graphics card on Sunday, upgrading my older RX 6600 XT to a RX 7800 XT. After hooking it up, making my cable routing a little neater (outside the pc case) and generally moving...
  5. L

Thanks for replies everyone! I just realised today that none of the of the power sockets in the room are grounded, but is my understanding correct that a ground loop can still occur even if none of the components in a loop terminates in a grounded power socket? Thank you! Can confirm it's a...
  6. L

Hello, long time lurker here. Decided to make an account because I've been having some issues with my setup after a change in gear where I can hear a high-pitched noise from both my passive speakers. I figured out a sub-optimal solution after reading the ground loop thread, but thought I'd check...
Top Bottom