Search results

1. Oddball

Do measurements bring satisfaction?

I really appreciate measurements taken by others, especially well known and trusted reviewers. That is for the most part the basis on which I choose equipment to audition/purchase. This is a very good practice, but sometimes there are exceptions if you really like what you hear. The other...
  2. Oddball

Time for new LR Towers

Absolutely valid points and looks like you know exactly what I am talking about. Yes, have MEQ-X and have done the work - not only for LR as have 6 identical towers for bed layer. The speakers I have have gone through some tough trials and have survived luckily. I don’t think they are in...
  3. Oddball

Time for new LR Towers

These speakers are not for Denon HT, but for AV-10 HT that also has LFE distribution option that I am using. I did try a number of different options including what you suggest, but just does not work for me. This is primarily HT system, in expectation of new speakers. Not sure if I understand...
  4. Oddball

Time for new LR Towers

Not based on my experience, but then boomy is a relative term. My boomy or your boomy might not be the same, or it might not be boomy at all but just be a contribution to the 30-60hz range that will give you a specific sound signature? If I used 80hz crossover, then I might as well toss away...
  5. Oddball

Time for new LR Towers

I was impressed with clarity and dynamics of Perlistens R7ts overall, but not their low end performance. They were in BR mode, but also set up by the dealer that was not willing to re-calibrate or share the setup graphs. Perhaps just a bad customer service, but it did impact my decision. Went...
  6. Oddball

Time for new LR Towers

My current Gallo Reference 3.5 towers are still going strong, but want to re-purpose them as FWs to move to 9 bed channel setup for HT. Current system use is only HT, but also looking for speakers that could shine in 2.0 (or 2.whatever) setup in attempt to also go back to enjoying the music like...
  7. Oddball

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Here with AV-10, bunch of amps, 6 towers with 10 inch woofers, and center that digs to 30-ish hz, even Atmos speakers good to 80hz and 4 big subs. Running LFE+main and LFE distribution on Audy. That is what I call a real speaker support in absence or the glorious but absent ART. No need for a...
  8. Oddball

I guess we will see what happens - when it happens. Unless you have a crystal ball and know what ART is actually going to end up being once it it released. While MSO and REW can't obviously do co-optimization, they are best tools built my mankind thus far and they take you pretty far out there...
  9. Oddball

I think most people that are so eagerly waiting for ART already have their systems set up pretty tight and are greatly enjoying them with their current bass management. I know I do :p. The whole hype around ART started way to early and by now people are expecting so much that a lot of critical...
  10. Oddball

If they are trying to implement ART on all platforms they are currently supporting with DLBC, and with all relevant models, might take a while unfortunately. After all, Dirac has quite limited resources and this is a pretty big task. Obviously they could tap into the enthusiast network for...
  11. Oddball

Marantz AV10 + NAD M66 Master

U already have quite of an overkill for a 5.2 system. I don't use my system for 2 channel listening so will refrain from comments in that respect. In terms of the multi-channel setup, your system could benefit from addition of 2-4 bed channels and definitely addition of at least 4 Atmos...
  12. Oddball

Dirac vs Audyssey Results and Questions

Like anyone else, you will need to find your way around the different EQ systems. They work differently in a particular room and with a particular system. Seems like you prefer Dirac, which could be true as you have bookshelf speakers so that the whole Dirac crossover concept makes sense to your...
  13. Oddball

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Would not call them the most BF speakers, but certainly interesting. 2 8" bass drivers and 4 8" passive radiators, 2 on each side of the tower. Per specs they say down to 17hz which is obviously at -xxdB (not specificed), but still would probably roar down low. I am looking for new LR for HT...
  14. Oddball

What is your favorite house curve

I think that the favorite house curve is a mater of taste. Like having coffee black or with stuff, spiced up meals or not, wine vs. beer or water, truck vs. corvette, etc... I don't see a reason why one would not want to spice it up according to their taste if that ultimately enhances their...
  15. Oddball

SVS Ultra Evolution

Because they generally perform better and are better match to big towers? Also, putting it "on" something is much better than putting it "in" a TV stand.
  16. Oddball

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

YPAO - what that has to do with AV-10?
  17. Oddball

Marantz Cinema 30

Not so technical but per some of the more technical members, they do reduce the power consumption to 4-5W per ch on 2021 models. But for my taste 6700H is still a hot mess in pre-amp mode and needs a fan which then increases the noise floor in the room.
  18. Oddball

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Well, what about Fsiso? How that comes into play? This was already linked above. https://www.dirac.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/DiracLiveActiveRoomTreatment-SetupGuide-1.pdf
  19. Oddball

Marantz Cinema 30

Don't know what's too much for you guys, but sure as hell I love the cool of AV-10 compared to my 6700H in pre-amp mode, which again might not compare to C-30. Could be a very marginal benefit for most, but yeah works for me in addition to balanced outputs for the subs. No more AVRs in pre-amp...
  20. Oddball

Marantz Cinema 30

Hot is a relative term. What is hot for your might not be what is hot for me. My point is that C-30 is awesome unit, but it is not AV-10. To some it might tick all the boxes that AV-10 does, but not to all. I am not misleading anyone - it is true that AV-10 has no fans and can't get loud/hot...