Search results

1. D

New home theatre speaker layout question

Thanks to all for the great advice. I have certainly been studying the Dolby layout sheets! Dolby shows a 5.x.4 layout (which is what my installer had suggested) and they also have a 7.x.6 layout, but they don't show a 5.x.6 arrangement. So that was my subjective question - would the two...
  2. D

Thanks all for the helpful replies! To clarify - the MLP location is in a good location, but the second row could get as close as 1 foot away from the back wall, depending on how big the chairs are. Probably more like 2-3 feet away. (The speaker terminology was taken from the Denon spec sheet...
  3. D

To clarify my question - in a smallish room, ~18' long, is it worth having a 9.2.4 system, where both height-1 and height-2 channels are active on the ceiling along with a rear-wall (surround-back) pair, or would it be adequate (or even better?) to have a 9.2.2 system where there is no rear-wall...
  4. D

Hello Everyone, We are building a new home with a small “home theatre” which will serve for both movies and audio listening (50/50). I have some basic questions about which Atmos speakers matter and where to place them. The room is approx 14’ x 18’ x 9’, so on the small side. It will have...
Top Bottom