Search results

1. S

Deep and narrow frequency null around 90hz - shall I be concerned?

SBIR is difficult to solve. Fortunately, narrow nulls are not that obvious, due to psychoacoustics. I would just ignore it, and instead reduce the 50 Hz bump. And most other bumps in the lower frequencies. If you want to work on it, there are many options: Move your speakers and subs around...
  2. S

Increase sweet spot of correlated pink noise

Wow, what a fantastic suggestion. I just finished several of his papers - well written, and interesting! Here's one relevant excerpt from Griesinger, D., 1997. The psychoacoustics of apparent source width, spaciousness and envelopment in performance spaces. Acta Acustica united with Acustica...
  3. S

For example, in Little Sadie by Crooked Still the cello (?) starting at 0:09 "obviously" plays right over there. The effect is almost eerie with binaural recordings. But it's totally plausible that it's all in my head :) Yeah, I noticed this effect. You can do amazing demonstrations by...
  4. S

(I forgot to mention that I found a thread where others share similar findings: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/repeatable-process-to-create-magical-sweet-spot.52303/ . But I couldn't find any answers how to my questions there...)
  5. S

Hello everyone! Long time reader, first-time poster here. I have spent a year or so reading research papers, listened to reviews and interviews, spent hours on this forum, spent some money on speakers, absorbers, diffusors and did a lot of experiments. As a result, not only did my friends and...
Top Bottom