Search results

1. Tom C

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

I’ve never seen nor heard of such an animal!
  2. Tom C

Celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary last night. This was a gem, and a hit with my wife. Thank you guys for your advice!
  3. Tom C

Acoustic Treatment Help!

Sorry about that. Not quite right the first go at it, but I think I have it sorted now. I have edited the link, so you can try again if you like. Notice that only the first name, email and accept terms and conditions are required, although they ask for more. CEDIA/CTA-RP22
  4. Tom C

Acoustic Treatment Help!

I am planning a similar project, and found the following resource quite helpful: CEDIA Immersive Audio White Paper To get the PDF file, you have to register at the site with email and password, then add the file to your cart and check out. It’s free of charge though. Other items you have to...
  5. Tom C

Magico new S5

Look like excellence. But anybody paying that much should expect no less.
  6. Tom C

Help Shape Our Next Innovation: The ZA5 Balanced Power Amplifier!

I think it’s really important to keep in mind that, in order to satisfy this lot, it doesn’t matter if you put Hypex or Purify or discrete or AB or class A or C or H on the case. What matters is what we see for $$$, FR, distortion and noise when the device is on the test bench. Power...
  7. Tom C

Thank you guys!
  8. Tom C

World's larges engine

I meant the fuel.
  9. Tom C

World's larges engine

Sounds like that kind of diesel is no good to a trucker in International Falls around January.
  10. Tom C

Can anyone point me to a crash course in Spanish wine? I feel I know my way around France, Italy, Germany, but in Spain I’m lost.
  11. Tom C

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

A calcium score is a CT scan of the chest. For a calcium score, the extent of calcium deposits in the coronary arteries is analyzed, and compared to standardized tables that are matched for age and gender. The score predicts the probability that, if the doctors did a heart catheterization...
  12. Tom C

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

I’m very happy to things turned out the way they did Brad. To tell the truth, once in a while I say to myself that if I were a little smarter, a little more charming, and a bit more personable, I could be like @BDWoody. But then realize I’m just kidding myself… Sounds like they’re getting...
  13. Tom C

Help me create a personalized EQ tool

I am very happy with my Personi-fi enabled JBL Tour Pro 2 ear buds.
  14. Tom C

JBL 705P / 708P

You have optical in on the Lyngdorf. You can test right now with that to see if it works. If it does, there’s no reason to think it wouldn’t work with a miniDSP.
  15. Tom C

JBL 705P / 708P

The Lyngdorf has L&R analog line out, which the owner manual says can be used to drive two subs. I assume you have the version of F12SE that does not have outputs (there is a version available that does have output connectors). If so, you may be able to contact Lyngdorf or your dealer to ask...
  16. Tom C

Douk Audio P1PLUS is coming!--Strange or Amazing?

I have to agree. I like Douk products and have several in my home, but please lose the tubes. Or at least make it so I can switch the tubes out of the circuit.
  17. Tom C

1970s and 1980s Students! Reveal yourselves

Howard Jones U2, especially Joshua Tree Bananarama Heart (eponymous)
  18. Tom C

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

I’m OK with being wrong. Not that I like it, of course I don’t, but I’ve learned to accept it because I’ve been wrong so often.
Top Bottom