Search results

1. A

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks to anybody with some thoughts to share on my situation. This question is about Sonos products, so some general knowledge about them would be helpful; however, the question at the heart of it really isn't fundamentally tied to Sonos. It is a somewhat hard to ask properly question, so...
  2. A

How class D amplifier may react to headphone

Hopefully this post is helpful/interesting to others and not just myself. I have recently purchased an SMSL A300. It suits my needs quite well, but I am hoping to extend it's functionality. Years ago I had a speaker tap cable made so that I could drive headphones directly from the speaker...
  3. A

Making the move to small active lifestyle gear

After much thought and time, I have decided to pull the plug on having a full-sized stereo system. Since the 1980's I have always lived with and owned stereos with big speakers and large amps. Over the years the systems have matured, but the theme was still the same, large floor standers...
  4. A

Gustard X16 or SMSL SU-9

I know that both will sound audibly transparent, and not much to decide between them from a measurement perspective either. I am wondering if the power supply in the Gustard is better though. Curious if anybody has any thoughts between the two devices. They really seem pretty closely matched all...
  5. A

Any technical minds know about cable capacitance?

I lack the technical knowledge to dig into the argument made that I will post below, but I was wondering if anybody who is technically adept could tell me if the arguments being trotted out by a cable believer is pure bunk which I suspect it is. Essentially this person is stating that the...
  6. A

Looking for information and opinions

In the new year I will be moving to a new place and will be having a basement to set my system up in. This will afford me quite a bit more room and allow me to escape my current 12'x13' square room for a 12'x28' rectangular room. The one issue that I foresee is that the room is actually pretty...
  7. A

What are your thoughts about my idea for subwoofer isolation

For myself now using two SVS SB2000 Pro subs I am slightly surprised that I haven't noticed any gain in terms of bass impact as compared with when I was using two diminutive REL T-Zero subs with my PL200s. Since I have elected to use a high-pass filter with my mains (PL200) at 4oHz now paired...
  8. A

Subwoofer setup question

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in on this question of mine. So I have some lovely Monitor Audio PL200s in a small room. I play at pretty modest volume as it is an apartment, though once in a while I turn it up, but never really loud. I currently use two REL T Zero subs firing from the...
  9. A

Help setting up biamping with active subs appreciated

Thank you to any and all who are willing to offer me some oversight/guidance. I have a NAD M3 integrated amp that allows for biamping and can be used with an active sub. The M3 will allow the user to select the highpass frequency from several preconfigured choices (Full range, 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz...
Top Bottom