Search results

1. P

Dirac Live Exclamation Mark issue

Sorry I know you weren't asking me but just FYI this is my GD curve with no smoothing or FDW I have pretty nasty random peaks that I handle with notch filters but overall the curve is around 10ms The reason why it sky rockets below 25Hz is that I have my bass roll-off there You have no peaks...
  2. P

I also have some updates: Just out of curiosity I made some measurements with Dirac for both my systems (home office and the living room) yesterday. I made 4-4 measurements; 1-1 measurement out of 4-4 resulted in the exclamation mark error - the other 3-3 were fine (or to be precise seemed to...
  3. P

Pluvia 11 based sphere speaker project

Now that I am finished filling my living room with 'space balls' I have decided that I will do the same with our bedroom/home office upstairs The project will be almost the same as the one above but with the difference that this time I will use Markaudio Pluvia 11 (the chrome color version)...
  4. P

Has anybody made DIY active bass traps using cheap subwoofers?

Good idea but unfortunately I cannot test further since we dismantled the gear (the Babyface, the mic and the cables were from my neighbor....) But hopefully somebody else will be able to test that
  5. P

OK, so let's see! Let me first explain what you see in this photo: - on the table I have my Sabaj A30A driving the SB Acoustics-based one-way loudspeakers (the laptop you see there is the source) - in the foreground you can see the UMIK-1 measurement mic - on top of the laptop there is an...
  6. P

Active speaker (Neumann, Genelec etc.) with Sub vs Wharfedale Linton 85

I would go with the small active + sub combo Something like this combined with a sub to your liking You will be able to play around with sub placement to achieve the best frequency response and the Adam T5V is a total price/performance champion
  7. P

Your Favorite Stereo Upmixer For Music

I am using Jriver's built-in upmixer There are some tracks that sound jaw-dropping when upmixed from stereo to multichannel I believe that the future is definitely in multichannel, even for music - I am not sure however if/when it will happen :)
  8. P

It is great indeed if/when it works The problem is - and that's why I started this whole thread - that it does not work properly (for some users, including me) In my opinion this is not acceptable (especially given the fact that we are talking about a payable software...) and should have been...
  9. P

No, but it is a good idea, I will give it a try Regarding Bass Control, I have tried it earlier (before the issues started to happen) and for me it was absolutely no good - sounded like the integration of the sub was totally out of balance (i.e. bad timing). If you search that topic here on ASR...
  10. P

To be honest I have no idea However there is one thing for sure: up until like 8 months ago Dirac used to work absolutely fine with no issues whatsoever (I have done literally hundreds of measurements with it + confirmation measurements with REW to see what Dirac did) Then something happened and...
  11. P

HIGH END Munich 2024

I will visit the München High-End Show with some friends on Friday If anybody from ASR will be there on Friday and wants to meet up please send me a PM I hope to bump into some fellow ASR folks there! :)
  12. P

Hopefully next week I will have time with my neighbor to test this idea, I will report back with our findings/measurements
  13. P

It is not in Dirac - in Dirac you can't do that currently I do it manually outside of Dirac In REW you can simulate what happens to the GD curve once you start playing around with the EQ - see attached an animation about how to do it What I do is that apply Dirac then I apply the changes to the...
  14. P

There were already some people suggesting having a setting in Dirac to optimize for frequency vs GD I am currently doing it manually which is fine but would be much better to have such an option built-in There is still zero update on the exclamation mark issue - now it has been 3 months since...
  15. P

Car DSP or AMP

Fully agreed - been doing that for many years now (I know it is against recommendations but for me it works and it works fine)
  16. P

Measurements of Topping PA7 Plus

I also own one of these, absolutely love it!!:cool:
  17. P

(Unusual) Source for Topping D90 III + LA90

Couldn't agree more! I have been using computer as a source since 1997 and as full DSP too since 2018 I really can't think of a more powerful/versatile/cost efficient solution...
  18. P

That's great! :) Theoretically I guess it shall work with Jriver too (never tried it but it would be cool to apply its DSP engine on the incoming spdif signal then output it to the DAC)
  19. P

Do you apply any DSP on it? (e.g. Jriver) Or you just use the PC for passthrough?
  20. P

Thanks for sharing your measurements Good news: Indeed it seems that Dirac works fine for you, I just compared the phase curve from the Left channel: Post-Dirac (highlighted) looks much nicer In the frequency response one can clearly see the corrections especially in the low-end; there are...
Top Bottom