• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cabasse stream amp santorin 20-300 io2 setup / alt

emti

Hi all the audio gurus out here, I'm a newbie in this sound space. Let me share a bit about my situation :

I have a pair of Cabasse IO speakers with santorin 20-300 subwoofer and a cabasse stream amp 100.

I set it up by connecting the stream amp 100 output to santorin sub high input, then from santorin high output to the speaker.

I'm not sure if this is the optimum setting as I'm not using the subwoofer out (rca) to connect the steam amp to the santorin, but this has been my setup for a very long time.

I used this mainly to watch movies and stream songs from my LG oled TV via optical cable, as well as to play songs from mobile phone.

For some reasons, I can't connect them properly to the cabasse app, which I gave up to do since I've tried many times and cabasse customer service sucks in replying my emails.

Recently the stream amp 100 appears to be broken as as there was no signal to the sub and the speakers. Which comes to my quest in searching information online and stumbled upon this lovely forum.

1. I am trying to fix the stream amp 100, sent it in for service yesterday to a service shop (not an official cabasse service center as cabasse doesn't have any official reseller in my country)

2. In the case where the stream amp 100 is not be able to be repaired, what are the recommended good alternatives replacement for it? Will a yamaha WXA-50 be good enough?
I'm satisfied with the performance of the cabasse stream amp 100, so I am hoping that I could find a replacement that can perform as well as the stream amp 100 with my gears at the minimum, and would be happy if I get the recommendation of something that is even better than the stream amp 100 without breaking the bank. :)

3. As mentioned, I'm new, so I'm a bit confused about stream amplifier vs avr, since most of the avr has stream or wireless capabilities as well, the only difference I can see is that they are capable of a more complex setup compared to stream amp (7.1 or 8.2, larger watt autput, etc), I'm under the impression that AVR would definitely perform better than the smaller wireless amp, and am wondering if avr is over kill (over spec or over budget) for my setup and my everyday use case. Hence recommendation and inputs from all the audio gurus here are appreciated.

4. Should I use an RCA cable for the sub instead? What is the recommended setup to pair it with the system (wireless amp / avr)?
If so for my setup, what kind of cables is adequate?

Thank you before to anybody who is willing to read my post and give constructive feedback, as I'm new, please bear with me if some of my question are a common knowledge for audio afficionados and feel free to share link on thread that already exists in this forum which may have the answer or explanations on some things that I asked.

Having said that, looking forward to read all the recommendation and suggestions from all of you..meanwhile I will keep browsing and read the thread that I found interesting in this forum. :)

Top Bottom