• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Final Audio Electrostatic Speakers

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Final Audio, an electrostatic speaker manufacturer in the Netherlands, first produced speakers back in the early 2000's, changed ownership, then the original owner restarted the company a few years ago. Now they are building out a distributor base in Europe and North America.

There new line features state of the art materials and design. They have exhibited recently at several of the large audio shows in Europe. They have a new distributor in the US and I am wondering what those who have heard or are familiar with their new models think of them. I am considering purchase and there isn't a lot of info available on the web. I am located in the US and a purchase would require a bit of a leap of faith so hoping to hear from those with some familiarity with the brand.

Thank you and happy New Year to all...

sm5

Forum Donor

I updated my old post.

Admittedly, I haven't owned the electrostatics in 3-4 years now, but I did like them while I owned them more than the Magnepan 1.7's and & JBL 306ii's I also had at the same time in the same room comparing side by side with room correction on all 3.

They really need room correction and a sub or two. They are definitely not flat out of the box & really only go down to about 70hz at -6 despite the specs saying much better. For that reason I wouldn't buy the super large expensive ones as they won't go much lower really and still would require a sub. In fact, the smallest Final F90i I owned was the flattest by far! I liked them though while I had them and sometimes wish I still had them, but maybe if I had them in the same room as my Neumanns I might think otherwise now? *I recently heard some big Magnepans that I previously thought sounded good but now they sound pretty bad to me.

Either way, if you have money to blow, they are probably the best electrostatic speakers you can buy if that's your thing.

Last edited:
OP
G

goryu

I updated my old post.

Admittedly, I haven't owned the electrostatics in 3-4 years now, but I did like them while I owned them more than the Magnepan 1.7's and & JBL 306ii's I also had at the same time in the same room comparing side by side with room correction on all 3.

They really need room correction and a sub or two. They are definitely not flat out of the box & really only go down to about 70hz at -6 despite the specs saying much better. For that reason I wouldn't buy the super large expensive ones as they won't go much lower really and still would require a sub. In fact, the smallest Final F90i I owned was the flattest by far! I liked them though while I had them and sometimes wish I still had them, but maybe if I had them in the same room as my Neumanns I might think otherwise now?

Either way, if you have money to blow, they are probably the best electrostatic speakers you can buy if that's your thing.

The new Final line has a totally different design and the lastest tech in coatings/membrane so probably not really comparable to the old i line. Thanks though for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Flexecutioner

I haven't heard them, but I've noticed them disguising retail advertisements as "For Sale" postings to websites like Audiogon and USAudioMart . Really strange. Looks like the sites finally realized what was going on and removed them. Either way, I wouldn't buy from a company that tries to drive sales through gimmicks like that, especially at that price. There are too many other options to risk it.

OP
G

goryu

Not sure what you mean by "removed" as all the ads are still there on Audiogon and USAudioMart when I check.

The ads are a bit off, I agree...

Flexecutioner

You're right. I think my search options prevented me from seeing them. At least they are now listed as dealer ads. I don't think that was the case for previous postings, but the ads look the same.

Top Bottom