• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inside Nord One NCx500 DM MKII

mags65

Forum Donor
This is the dual mono version of the NCx500 power amp supplied by Nord Acoustics, with their own input buffer board sporting Sparkos 2590 op-amps. Case is the black SE-version with xlr-only and 12v trigger, everything else is standard specifications. As I switched around last year from Topping Pre90 to Eversolo A6 to Wiim Pro + RME ADI2 DAC, I have long contemplated fiddling around with the gain settings to best adapt to the auto-ref volume, as per recommendations on the RME forum. Standard gain setting from factory is 27db, have now switched to 12.4 with the help of a matchstick. Of course this sounds much better ;) Anyway, thought I should take a couple of pictures while the lid was off. Here goes:

IMG_0896.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
mags65

mags65

Forum Donor
The observant forum viewer will note that the setting is low gain in this picture, since changed to the lowest setting.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I own the same modules and opamps so our amps are 99% the same. :)

D35_3251-Enhanced-NR.jpg

OP
mags65

mags65

Forum Donor
I see we have some more amps in common as well - I use an NC252MP from Nords value line at the family cottage, with a Topping E70 as dac/pre.

Top Bottom