• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
NAD offers great support with anything M series. My M22 had a touch button issue outside the warranty (it was a tad dodgy from the start), and theyndisnt hesitate to send me a new one right away.

With the more down market stuff like the D7050 they'll send you to reluctant hobbyist support shops that will give u an unappealing repair quote so that you leave them alone...

TK33

This is the correct answer. Despite all the dire assertions from tea leaf readings of measurements, the M10 is a suitable hub for a sweet small room system. With my setup its discreet (hidden actually) and operated with a mobile device. I never see or touch the front display, device is behind a solid door in a cabinet. The only signal connection is an ethernet cable from which almost all the music ever recorded is available from wherever it is on the planet via a movement from my finger from my favourite chair. Dirac means you hear less room and more music. It has the potential to bring artists into the room and properly punishes poor recordings. I mean that most sincerely, its definitely got soul, not a thing that I saw measured. ;)

So here's a summary from a long term owner who uses it every day. Power is fine. Audio quality is fine, razor edge measurements are of no consequence to the listening experience. Display sensitivity, don't care I don't use it from the front panel. Dirac elevates the listening experience, the oft mentioned neutrality of the amp merely a canvas to be transformed with the onboard DSP. Obviously the device can be comprehensively configured with the app and this is the way to go. And if you have a sub or two, there's some advanced bass management in there as well and then Dirac on top of that.

Since this review there have been a few software updates to the BluOS client and firmware. The app is great but you can also just use Spotify direct. Its easy and fills a room with awesome sound. Its not a competitor for Blue Sound products, they live in a different universe despite being cousins. I have a second streaming amp set up in another room, the M10 provides a way better user experience and just sounds - great!

But expensive!! Or excellent value. Depends on your perspective and priorities. For a small system with so much flexibility, convenience and performance its a genuine bargain.

Appreciate this site focuses on reviewing performance via measurements, but its only part of the story. The actual user experience should not be ignored either. For all those folks who declared they couldn't possibly contemplate owning something that performs so poorly according to a graph, a shame, you are really missing out on something special.
I agree with you. I am very happy with the M10 v2 and DIRAC makes integrating a sub much easier. The user experience is definitely what I appreciate about this all in one device. I spent weeks researching alternatives and there really weren't many other choices (note, I also have some other BluOS devices such as Node 2is and Pulse M speakers scattered about the home). It is small enough that it can fit on my desk, under my monitor. I find myself using a combination of my phones, the physical remote and sometimes the screen (the optionality is great). No issues powering my KEF LS50 Metas. It was worth every penny to me.

chefffe

Who has a room without sub-modes ??? ... I have my 3rd appartment now and none of them was sound perfect.
Either you spend a little fortune and maybe ugly room hardware equalization or you use room correction software like the NAD has. The full package the NAD provides is overall unbeatable price-performance. The amp is not state of the art but i assume no-one would hear something missing (except very loud performance). The blueOs is state of the art und Dirac as well. Which device does it better??? (except the M33) :D

And ... btw. .. I got if for 1800€ brand new :cool:

MarkS

Major Contributor
Can the M10 do sub crossover with high pass on the mains?

chefffe

Can the M10 do sub crossover with high pass on the mains?
Absolutely and it can handle two subwoofers. There is not any feature missing which I could think of.

Attachments

• 2024-04-22 11_09_48-BluOS Controller.png
    2024-04-22 11_09_48-BluOS Controller.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 26

CorD

I am new on this forum, I have a NAD M10 V1, the soud is great. This amp is from a friend which i can try. When I liked it, I can buy this NAD M10.

Before I will buy, does anyone know or the soundquality of NAD M33 is much better or a little bit better then the soundquality of NAD M10?

Also MR Audio wrote of the Reliability of NAD M10, is this a real problem of NAD M10???

Mr Audio:
5. Reliability. This is a really important, but elusive factor. I have many pieces of audio and PC gear that last decades. Generally older electronics seemed to break early or never fail. I still have my original NAD 3045 from 1978! I have PCs and Macs and routers and even some iPhones that are 10-20 years old. Negatives: But the M10 is a question mark. There are reports of units that just go dead. Mine did after only a year and a half. It was covered under warranty and easily replaced by Crutchfield, but real question is how long will this level of packaging last for most consumers. If you pay $3000 for an M10 and it just dies one day that seems unacceptable. . How long will the M10 last? Maybe more of a question is: do modern electronics have an inherently lower lifecycle than older electronics? Is buying an M10 inherently different than buying a Marantz 40N or a Yamaha or McIntosh?

Thanks for your time and answer, greatings from Holland.

pogo

Major Contributor
does anyone know or the soundquality of NAD M33 is much better or a little bit better then the soundquality of NAD M10?
This also depends on the connected speakers. Which ones do you want to connect?

chefffe

The M33 is for sure playing louder with more power. Depends on the speakers and Room you have. If you can turn it on very loud its maybe better option.
Else, I would not expect a major increase in sound quality.
Also the M33 is a better build but for nearly 3x the price of M10 its a bad price/value in my opinion.

CorD

Good Morning, Maybe I want to buy a NAD M10 V1, second hand, Does anybody knows or the reliability a problem is of NAD M10

Mr Audio wrote:
5. Reliability. This is a really important, but elusive factor. I have many pieces of audio and PC gear that last decades. Generally older electronics seemed to break early or never fail. I still have my original NAD 3045 from 1978! I have PCs and Macs and routers and even some iPhones that are 10-20 years old. Negatives: But the M10 is a question mark. There are reports of units that just go dead. Mine did after only a year and a half. It was covered under warranty and easily replaced by Crutchfield, but real question is how long will this level of packaging last for most consumers. If you pay $3000 for an M10 and it just dies one day that seems unacceptable. . How long will the M10 last? Maybe more of a question is: do modern electronics have an inherently lower lifecycle than older electronics? Is buying an M10 inherently different than buying a Marantz 40N or a Yamaha or McIntosh?

Thanks for your answer!

Moonbase

Reliability is always a concern with any kit. I’ve never had issues with any of the brands you mention and I guess you can do research to see if particular brands get a higher volume of noise than others on the various sites.
I would also see what people say about the brands repair services. Some companies are very good and that to me would be a consideration when buying second hand. Ultimately buy a warranty if you are worried or new, even if that results in getting a cheaper amp.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With all the integration of streaming services etc in software, I worry more about end of software support. I doubt anything ever will last as long as my Slimdevices (then Logitech, now Open Source) Squeezebox ecosystem (going strong since 2005!). But many such devices lose half the original feature set within 4-5 years, and the only workaround is to buy the follow-up model... and rinse and repeat.

I know... I love integration of smart features, but there's a price to pay potentially in longevity... plus more things can have annoying bugs etc. And that's not just NAD.

Top Bottom