• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help with new sound system setup.

Tsugumori

Hello everyone,

First time posting on here. I am looking to build a sounds system for my desktop PC with a pair of speakers and a headphone.
My current setup are: Edifier Prisma Encore E3360 and HyperX cloud alpha. Had them for like 5 years now, working with no problem but want to upgrade.

I have been spending a few days looking up reviews on various equipment and decided to go with the following:
Speaker: Micca RB42 (Found a pair of used for 50 CAD, also wanna hear it myself after reading how people enjoyed them)
Headphone: Sennheiser HD560s (waiting for sale, 279 CAD currently at full price)
DAC/AMP: Topping DX3 pro+ (just purchased on amazon for 227 CAD, will be using it as headphone DAC/AMP and DAC for speaker)
AMP: Fosi audio V3 (looks like a good performer from the review and pretty cheap, should be able to power the RB42's very well)

Please let me know what you guys think! Will there be any potential issues with the DX3 pro and fosi amp to the speaker? I think this build is good enough for a first setup and great value of money.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR!

Oops. Headless panther for the Micca RB42.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everyone,

First time posting on here. I am looking to build a sounds system for my desktop PC with a pair of speakers and a headphone.
My current setup are: Edifier Prisma Encore E3360 and HyperX cloud alpha. Had them for like 5 years now, working with no problem but want to upgrade.

I have been spending a few days looking up reviews on various equipment and decided to go with the following:
Speaker: Micca RB42 (Found a pair of used for 50 CAD, also wanna hear it myself after reading how people enjoyed them)
Headphone: Sennheiser HD560s (waiting for sale, 279 CAD currently at full price)
DAC/AMP: Topping DX3 pro+ (just purchased on amazon for 227 CAD, will be using it as headphone DAC/AMP and DAC for speaker)
AMP: Fosi audio V3 (looks like a good performer from the review and pretty cheap, should be able to power the RB42's very well)

Please let me know what you guys think! Will there be any potential issues with the DX3 pro and fosi amp to the speaker? I think this build is good enough for a first setup and great value of money.
HD560s is a very solid headphone to choose. I own a number of different headphones (see my sig), and they're like my favourite or joint favourite. They do a lot right, they have a good stock frequency response which can then be further improved with EQ. They are low distortion, which is particularly noticeable in the bass vs other open backed headphones. They are low unit to unit variation and good channel matching. Good build quality and comfortable. Good soundstage/imaging. They are also not expensive in the scheme of things in "headphone land". HD560s is the one I would recommend to you.

About speakers. You could consider active speakers, and if I was you I'd choose from a short list that you've created from speakers measured here on ASR - because that means you know what you're getting. So for budget speakers the JBL308p Mkii is good, and speakers from a company called Adam come to mind. I think you'd end up getting value from active speakers, so do some research here on ASR for those is my recommendation.

Top Bottom