• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M105 vs. M106.

moonthink

Forum Donor
it depends on your wants ... i think you'll be able to "a/b" differences... it won't be crazy obvious imo....
Honestly, it's mostly about looks. I love the way the M16's sound, but not the biggest fan of glossy black (even less so of glossy white). If there is only a negligible improvement, then it's probably not worth upgrading. Thanks.

moonthink

Forum Donor
i'd buy sierra lx's over any of the revels at the lower levels.. the sierra 1 v2 as well (better value vs m106)....
The crazy thing is that I have a set of the S1-V2's, and to me, sound-wise (I actually love the way they look) they are a toss up vs the M16's, and at least for me it seems the M16's are more forgiving of placement and easier to integrate with a sub. I found the Sierra's a bit more finicky, and less forgiving to room and sub issues. M16's sound better right off the bat when setting up and are much easier to make sing. Sierra's are just as good, but a little more frustrating, at least so far.

AVKS

Are you saying that there are better speakers for less than M16's?

Not necessarily, but I am saying that the performance gained over other speakers is not linear with cost increase. That said, they are a much better value on sale, which is my opinion on all of Revel's (and other brands) products these days if your focus is sound quality.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are you saying that there are better speakers for less than M16's?
i would suggest that my emotiva b1 mods (Dennis Murphy) may well qualify as "better" , depending on your criteria.. for me the price was right....i'm sure the m16 are better with bass , but i'd bet the b1 has more clarity and similar tonality

Attachments

• EmotivaB1 Mod.png
    EmotivaB1 Mod.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom