• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

Kiko1974

It doesn't - it should play up to 24 bit 176.4 PCM though.
Thanks for your reply.
A friend of mine wants to play SACDs and DSD files from a Sony X-800 and doesn't want to get THE Chinese HDMI-DSD Audio Extractor.
I own an X-800 M2 with THE Chinese Audio Extractor connected vía I2S to an SMSL DO 300EX (that sounds great), but my friend doesn't want another gadget on his set up or more cables.
So this D/A converter won't do the job for him.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Thanks for your reply.
A friend of mine wants to play SACDs and DSD files from a Sony X-800 and doesn't want to get THE Chinese HDMI-DSD Audio Extractor.
I own an X-800 M2 with THE Chinese Audio Extractor connected vía I2S to an SMSL DO 300EX (that sounds great), but my friend doesn't want another gadget on his set up or more cables.
The X800 can convert DSD to 24 bit 176.4 pcm - I do that all the time

see_no_evil

Thanks for your reply.
Your friend could get Audiopraise VanityPro and extract DSD audio. One possible downside is that it converts DSD to PCM internally but I seriously doubt there's an audible difference.

Top Bottom